Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Broody Poo

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Broody Poo Empty Broody Poo Fri May 24, 2013 10:05 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I thought I would candle some eggs from under my broody hen this evening. I stuck my hand under ther to grab them and stuck it right into a big broody poo!

I have washed several times with LOTS of smelly soaps and I can still smell that poo!

P.U.!!!

2Broody Poo Empty Re: Broody Poo Fri May 24, 2013 10:23 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's nasty. Try Rubbing Alcohol on your hands. I've used it for puppy accidents in the house. It's supposed to neutralize the enzymes.....or something like that.

3Broody Poo Empty Re: Broody Poo Sat May 25, 2013 12:17 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lemon juice might work too. Or, if all else fails, quit smelling your hand!

4Broody Poo Empty Re: Broody Poo Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh this is the funniest thing ever, thanks for the good morning laugh, smiling and snickering and snorting too. I like Uno's idea, just don't smell it!! Razz Embarassed

You ain't smelled or seen nuthin' til you have witnessed the mass of a large waterfowl, I speak to the Muscovy duck breed, as that is all I have borne witness too. Now that is one stinkin' womper for surely, huge and oh man, the stench!! Fowl evacuate frequently, guess they are made that way, so when something is held in for like a day or longer, that really is a horrid mess. Praise to the broody poos!!

This is an interesting subject. Right now I am dealing with chicken broody poos. I have two hens that have hatched out chicks. They are not out in the open environment yet, still contained in their brooding areas. Each day I have to go, well I don't have to, but I have to go and remove the big poops cause they are big. They are not as big as the hen sitting on eggs that goes infrequently, but still they are big. I think when in contained areas they just don't poop as frequently as they would when they are at large. My broodies don't poop in their brooding boxes because until about 3 days before hatching, they are still in the open coop with everyone. There is a point where no hen will go and try to lay an egg in those meanies nest boxes, so I just let them be where they are happiest. Watching the other chickens eat, play and drink. They don't poop in the brooding box, thankin' me lucky stars!! But I could not imagine putting my hand into a huge broody poop, of any type of bird. Have fun. And with that, have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

5Broody Poo Empty Re: Broody Poo Sat May 25, 2013 8:09 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

uno wrote:Lemon juice might work too. Or, if all else fails, quit smelling your hand!

That's just what I did. I quit smelling my hand. Works great!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum