Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help! Choking ducklings

+5
fuzzylittlefriend
SerJay
HigginsRAT
Schipperkesue
uno
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Help! Choking ducklings - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Choking ducklings Sun May 26, 2013 7:30 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:I LOVE WEEBLES!

Bills. Beaks. Things with which to bite and grab. You know what I mean.

"Beware the Cayuga ducks my gal!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

27Help! Choking ducklings - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Choking ducklings Sun May 26, 2013 9:29 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

SoSillySue, you make me laugh. Yes, they are bandersnatches! Biting little weebles!

The choking problem seems to have gone away. They now pass over the big chunks of shavings and only eat the little bits. No one has died. BUt I still think the choking was a result of improper eating methods. Now they seem to have figured out how it's done.

Wow. Do ducks ever go through water! Are they actually consuming that much or just flinging it out on the floor and flapping their heads in it? The mess! Serjay was right! It's getting worse. But if I put them outside in the pen, how can I sit and stare and laugh and cuddle them?

The eye of the male goose is turning blue, as it's supposed to. This is so amazing! Two eggs, both hatch, boy and girl. IT's like winning the lottery. I am stoked! I swear they have doubled in size since they hatched. Well, almost. I am charmed by my waterfowls. Messy fouls.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum