Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Empty Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 am

lisab

lisab

I have 9 Rouen eggs that were set to hatch on Easter and just had one come out this morning. However, we saw the first pips back on Thursday night. Is it normal for them to take 72hrs+ to come out of the eggs? Some people say theirs come out nearly immediately while others say it takes days. Could it be that my humidity was slightly too high throughout incubation so they are extra chubby and can't move around too well in the eggs?

The incubator is in lockdown since Thursday and it's SOOOO tough to just sit and watch. I don't know if I can handle hatching ducks if it always takes them this long to come out Wink

2Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Empty Re: Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 am

gwducks

New Here

Not sure if it is "normal" but I have had some take that long to get out...mostly they were just late overall though, but definitely take longer than chicks to pip and zip....it is very hard to wait, better to have a solid door on your incubator for ducks!!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Empty Re: Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

My Rouens took 2-3 days sometimes.

4Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Empty Re: Ducklings- Time from Pip to Zip Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 am

lisab

lisab

#2 just hatched! Thanks for the reassuring replies, guess it's just more of a waiting game then with chicks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum