Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brief rant

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brief rant Empty Brief rant Thu May 09, 2013 11:14 pm

I never rant (Hah!), but I have the compunction to right now.

And I want to rant about two things. I'll be quick about it, it's 11pm, which means I'll get 6 hours sleep and I don't function well, or tolerably, on less than 8; ask Moose.

Thing number one:
People need to properly represent their animals. I'm fine with animals that are unsexed, or someone is unsure, where people say "I don't know," or "I can't be certain." There are a grouuup of people here waiting to pounce for me to say this, however: an auction is not a place to rid yourself of your mistake, it is a venue to make money.

When I bring my boxes, I mark them clearly (they never read what's said on them when bringing stuff up for auction, but that's another rant for a different post). Part of marking them clearly is not leaving things out like... hmm.. I dunno... PREGNANT, DUE TO KIT LIKE RIGHT NOW. Moose went out this morning to find one of the rabbits we had bought from auction (which is stupid young, by the way, and obviously so) had had a litter of babies which all chilled to death on the wire floor since, oh, there was no in there because why would a super young bunny like that be pregnant. Holy ball sack batman. So tomorrow after work, we get to sex those two bunnies and find out if we should be expecting another accidental litter, or if we need to add a nest incase the other doe is pregnant as well.

My other rant has to do with Monster.

Someone expressed interest in her. Lots of interest. Came out today, met us at the park near my work, sat with us, asked questions, petted her, showed her the kids and the kids her. "Is she good with kids?" I don't know, she's never been around them, but as you can see, she's super interested. They talk, discuss, I say we can bring her back in tomorrow if they want the night to think about it.

Monster has not gone to the bathroom all day. You know, they can 'lose control' of their bladder randomly on your carpet, but can hold it for 9.5 hours in a strange environment because they don't want to pee on a new blade of grass. I tell them this. Oh no problem. Okay, are you sure. Oh yeah we'll take her back out blah blah.

We drive the hour home. Pick up supper because it's late. Come in, grab egg carton, greet Sven who's trying to come in the house, go get eggs, come back in, ding ding, phone is going off. And off. Aaaaand off. Please come get her, ooo so stressed, cannot do it, please please please.

Really? Moose and I call it. She's either peed, pooped, or puked. Driiiiive an hour back in. The lady is nice enough, don't get me wrong, but I'm ticked off. Monster is licking her hands, cuddled up to her in the van, wagging her tail. So I ask, I says, "What did she do wrong." Nothing. NOTHING SHE SAYS.

She goes on to tell me that her man Lllloooost it because they decided to grocery shop and instead of letting her out to wander, he went and drove to Walmart. On the way, she could no longer hold it, pooped in the back seat of the truck and he phoned her yelling that he hates the dog and that if she doesn't get us to come get her NOW he's going to drive out to his dad's place and shoot her.

Really? Really. She says she was cuddling with the kids in the car, and being good, no whining nothing. I reminded her I warned them and she said "Yes, yes you did." I gave her her money back, sans $20 for gas and I just made mention that she has her kids in that environment and she said "well he doesn't do that to us" and I said he just did. I left her ghost white face standing there and got in the car with Moose and Monster.

Wake up, lady.

Thanks for reading.

2Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Thu May 09, 2013 11:38 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wow! I don't understand people getting a dog without being prepared to deal with it. I love what you said to her. She needed to hear that.

I always mark my boxes clearly at the auction, too. So sad about those kits. It is heart-breaking when something like that happens.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

3Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

All I can think is thank god that awesome little dog did not end up permanently residing in the dog beater home.

4Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Fri May 10, 2013 6:53 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

'lilfarm wrote:All I can think is thank god that awesome little dog did not end up permanently residing in the dog beater home.

Good point.

5Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Fri May 10, 2013 7:38 am

100% agreed. We were leaving the house to drive back and she sends another text "Well, I can keep her over night and drop her off tomorrow after you're done work." Moose and I both said screw that, we're getting her now. And thank goodness we did.

Appearances are deceiving, you just never know. They were clean, good vehicle, kids were sweet and calm, she was very nice, he was quiet but seemed interested, and they had another dog, an older dog they have had for years. I even creeped them on facebook and everything looked kosher.

Ugh. We said that if we had to keep them all we would, and we're planning to have to!

6Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Fri May 10, 2013 7:48 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry this happened to you. But like others have said, I am glad the dog is with you and not there.

7Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Fri May 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lucky break for Monster that you found out so soon and got her back.

Or maybe not luck.

"Uh oh, this guy smells angry. Better poop back here so Mom comes and gets me. No not the floor, I'll do it on the back seat to cinch the deal. Too bad I didn't have one of his shoes to leave it in..."

8Brief rant Empty Re: Brief rant Fri May 10, 2013 12:12 pm

LOL Perhaps, Fowler.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum