Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

my rant for the day...dogs!

+2
Schipperkesue
triplejfarms
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1my rant for the day...dogs! Empty my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

o.k i am going to have a little rant here... as many of you know we own a boarding kennel. well someone brings in 2 lap dogs, the one they warned me may bite...o.k i get that.. now the one that bites is their mothers dog who got ill and couldnt look after it anymore...their dog i have had before it was a decent dog...well i go to put their dog on a leash and whammo i get bit right on the hand!! :angry2: now this is the GOOD dog that bite me!? obviously the BAD dog taght it this miserable behaviour! now if i would have been a kid maybe my hand woulda been taken off! there is NO reason for this.. PLEASE start disciplining your dogs people! YOU are ALPHA not them! maybe some people think this is "cool" their dog only goes to them, "protects them"??! well dont expect to have anyone look after your dogs when you go away on your holidays then! i am so mad that many of these lap dogs get away with this now if this would have been a pitbull or rottie i would have to report this dog ect... probably be put down. why do little dogs get to get away with this bad behaviour??? and it would come back on me "well the poor little things was terrified or it misses its owners bla bla..no its spolied is all!"

o.k i am done sorry if i offended anyone but my hand hurts, and i am just confused here... i dont get enuff money to look after these spoiled biting miserable dogs.

Mad

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

2my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:54 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ow! So sorry Triple J. Dog behavior sure changes depending on the person and circumstances of contact, doesn't it? If I was not present all my dogs would behave differently for you as they would for me.

I guess the hard learned lesson is... Never trust a dog that isn't yours!

3my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Ow! So sorry Triple J. Dog behavior sure changes depending on the person and circumstances of contact, doesn't it? If I was not present all my dogs would behave differently for you as they would for me.

I guess the hard learned lesson is... Never trust a dog that isn't yours!

the thing that gets me sue is we had this dog before and it was fine, its since they got the spoiled miserable mothers dog that this dogs additude changed ... its always the same type of dogs..i have only been bite 2 times at the kennel and both times were from unpredictable lap dogs! we regularly get pitties, rotties, shepherds in, i am always weary of dogs i dont know but it seems to be the same behavioral problems with the same type of dogs who are never off the owners lap... and i know its not the dogs fault its the owners... i trust both my dogs a heeler and bulldog that i can take them to a kennel and neither will ever show agression or bite anyone cause they have always been disciplined, taught no biting, and that they are DOGS not people ect...i would never put up with that or expect other people to put up with it...its just so sad

4my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

TripleJ, I am firmly in your corner. If most big dogs behaved like little dogs, they'd get a drop kick to the head. As it is, I have met MANY little dog owners who deserve a drop kick to their backside! It is absolutely true that little dogs get away with murder and the direct fault lies with owners!!!

My question, if a big dog bites you and you have to report it, why not report small dog bites? Any bite that can cause infection should be reported. A bite is a bite. I'd upcharge those people.

If it makes you feel any better (and it won't) Horsey Teen Daughter was looking at a horse yesterday, d skittish, afraid, flinching, eye rolling 2 year old (why do people let their horses get this way?) and while she asked him to move his butt away, he leaned over and chomped her on the upper arm. HE was then given the first lesson he's probably ever had in his life! It was an abrupt lesson.

I hope you thumped that dog. I don't care if it is small or if it is someone else's! Then thump the owner!

5my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, I agree Triple J, with the new dog present the circumstances are different for the old dog. Could be that the old one learned this new behavior from the new dog, or the pack dynamics have changed now there is a team of two.

I have been bitten several times by dogs. Mostly by larger ones believe it or not. The only small dogs that have bitten me have been my own. Twice while breaking up fights and once when whelping.

I think more people are bitten by small dogs because they mistakenly consider them harmless and treat them with less respect than with large dogs. I have also seen snappy small dogs because they have the privilege to sit on their owner's laps and learn that maladjusted protective behavior which their owners often unwittingly reward.

6my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:06 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schip - I don't really think of your dogs as small dogs because you treat them like dogs... and they are big enough to take down something like a full grown rat! I think of small dogs as little 3 lb chiuahuah's, shit tzhu's and bichon's.

Sadly, there is a misunderstanding with most small dog owners that you do not treat them like real dogs because of their size. Simply not true! They still follow all the rules of DOG, and if you aren't the pack leader they will be. Little dogs can still walk on a leash, hike in the woods, fetch a stick, stay OFF the furniture, come when they are called, and take treats nicely. They don't need to shake out of fear at the thought of urinating outside. They don't need to learn to use a kitty litter box so they can go inside. They can be put in a crate to sleep safely over night, or left on their own for a couple hours in the day . AND last but not least, they can learn to have their nails trimmed without biting people! Ah, that felt good. Oh, one more thing.. IT IS NOT OK TO TAKE YOUR LITTLE DOG IN IT"S LITTLE PURSE INTO SAFEWAY AND GROCERY SHOP! Ok that felt even better. I guess I needed a little rant too Smile At the vet clinic where I work, the little dogs are the worst. We have a few small sized muzzles in use all day, which really helps avoid the bite wounds Smile

TripleJ - sucks, big time. Can you make a slip leash and just loop that over the dogs head (it can be done at a distance, think lassoing a wild bull)? I find they work pretty well. Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

7my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

And - just so you don't think I'm a small dog hater, we have a 3 year old chi x dachshund that we fostered through a local rescue, he came up from California in February. He didn't get adopted out because we are foster failures and we adopted him! He walks on a leash, sits before he is fed (outside with the big dogs), does his business outside, even if the lawn is so tall he disappears, and he comes out to do chores with us (yes he walks!).

His only downfall is his insatiable fetish for shoes, not chewing but hoarding. If you can't find your shoe, it's on his bed Razz

8my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:10 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

we need a dog catcher pole as i have slipped leashes over the head of many dogs but you still have to get them off...withought getting eaten...so needless to say...these 2 will be staying in their pen for the rest of the week, dont care i am not getting bit so they can go outside..they can piss inside like i am sure they do at home anyways...on the carpet in the corner.

9my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:19 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sounds ghetto but at work we have rope leashes made out of like yellow crappy rope, it's stiff enough that if you let tension off enough it will un loop a bit...

10my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I offer no excuses for the dog but if it was me that dog would soon enough learn what a rolled up newspaper can be used for and it would also learn that there is a new alpha in town. affraid

11my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i dont think it would help dan, i went to clean the pen, and hose it down with some cleaner, squeedgie it, the one attacked the squeedgie?! wow these dogs are nuts! it sounded as if i was killing it, it just went after the squeedgie!! Shocked scratch not to sure what to do in that case.... other than maybe lead therapy

12my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

triplejfarms wrote:i dont think it would help dan, i went to clean the pen, and hose it down with some cleaner, squeedgie it, the one attacked the squeedgie?! wow these dogs are nuts! it sounded as if i was killing it, it just went after the squeedgie!! Shocked scratch not to sure what to do in that case.... other than maybe lead therapy

Have you tried it? I have never met a bad dog that a good beating didn't help. ( not as in broken bones but a good thrashing with a rolled up newspaper) It is so noisy that they think that they are being killed.

13my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:09 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

nope this one has severe agression problems..not the one that bite me but the one they warned me about she snarles like a wolf if you even look at her... she is a nasty lil witch that does need lead therapy, you even get your hand close to her she will take it off, she has been disgustinly spoiled, let get away with it, the one that i unsuspected that i went to put a leash on, just needs to get away from the other hellion...she was a decent dog until they brought this piece of work home..now it has rubbed off on this one... the nasty one has nothing that will help it it going to end up hurting someone, and if they dont get rid of it they will have 2 like this... i want to put welding gloves on a hold both of them down in the submissive position by the neck but i am a boarding kennel not a training kennel, i dont get paid for that LOl

14my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wonder if bitter apple (or some other chewing deterrent) sprayed on a leather glove might curb the behaviour. What if he thought humans tasted terrible?

15my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't think it would help much, when they get into the bite mode, little dogs will attack big dogs, etc, without thoughts of the repercussions... The bitter apple (while HORRIBLE tasting, accidentally got some in my mouth, GAG) I don't think would be enough of a deterrent to a dog like this.

16my rant for the day...dogs! Empty Re: my rant for the day...dogs! Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

BriarwoodPoultry wrote:I don't think it would help much, when they get into the bite mode, little dogs will attack big dogs, etc, without thoughts of the repercussions... The bitter apple (while HORRIBLE tasting, accidentally got some in my mouth, GAG) I don't think would be enough of a deterrent to a dog like this.

solution,......bear spray.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum