Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whopper of an Egg

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whopper of an Egg Empty Whopper of an Egg Thu May 02, 2013 7:36 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Eenie, my black ameraucana/partridge chantecler cross, courtesy of Coopslave, laid a mega sized egg today. Her average is around 61 grams, but today's was 89 grams! It will not fit into an egg carton, that is for sure. Tomorrow at breakfast we will see if it goes beyond a two-yolker. Anyone else out there weigh their eggs, and also have a whopper size to share?

2Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cool!
Her mum is a very consistant layer. Is she black, are her eggs green? I hope so for you!!

3Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Fri May 03, 2013 9:25 am

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

I changed my avatar to show Eenie, who is on the far right, with two of the partridge chanteclers you (Coopslave) sent. That was last fall, and she is nice a plump and a very consistent layer. Her three companions (Meenie - aptly named, Minie, and Mo) were all roosters. Her eggs are various shades of green. This one was a light olive, but sometimes she lays one that is so green it is hard to tell she is not pure ameraucana. Thanks so much for sending my your wonderful chickens (via a great driver, Johny Anvil).
I guess people do not weigh their eggs? I quite enjoy statistics, so was naturally curious to know what other big weights people get. Oh well. This was was a double yolker, and is being enjoyed very much this morning.

4Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Fri May 03, 2013 9:38 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cool! Would love to see a bigger picture of her. She looks to be partridge? May have to do that cross again!

5Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, that is a big one! Poor Eenie. lol I just love her full, black beard. I love you

6Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hubby always says whiskers on a female is just WRONG! Laughing

7Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Mon May 06, 2013 1:43 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We got a whopper egg from one of my khaki campbell ducks usually lay about 70g but got one 109g! Yikes Shocked

8Whopper of an Egg Empty Re: Whopper of an Egg Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Wow! That is 55% larger than average. Eenie's was only 46% larger. I have one of those yolk-less pullet eggs displayed in the halves of the supersized egg. Quite the contrast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum