Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to get Chicks Through Auction without Chilling?

+10
HigginsRAT
KathyS
Piet
progers
smokyriver
triplejfarms
Schipperkesue
appway
mirycreek
KatuskiFarms
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TysExotics

This always makes me laugh. Its always "The Auctions", the auctions are SOO BAD. "The Auctions" always sell crappy animals, or sick animals, or misrepresented animals. No, its the people who dont care, that bring those animals. When you go to an auction, buy from people you know. If the seller dosent care about the box, they probably dont care about the birds.

Katuski - I see nothing wrong with that you did. Selling chicks is generally more profitable than selling adults. Good grief, at 15 days old the chicks are well started and going to an auction will be fine. Give them some bedding, some food, and a heat pack and they wont even notice. Most auctions do have a warm indoor area for chicks. I cant think of one that dosent.

I cant say anything about the diseases at an auction... I dont live in a bubble. I go to most sales, I walk around outside, I go to the golf course, I go to the city, I go to the mall, I go to the movie theatre... Both myself and the 15,000 animals here are healthy.

If anyone would like to sell chicks at my upcoming May 4 sale, go for it! Get them booked in. Throw a heat pack in the box, they will be kept in a warm room.

http://www.prairieexotics.com

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum