Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

googled the foot lump for images....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1googled the foot lump for images.... Empty googled the foot lump for images.... Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

holy..just googled it and who the heck eats chicken feet anyways?

2googled the foot lump for images.... Empty Re: googled the foot lump for images.... Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:08 pm

they make a wonderful chicken stock.

3googled the foot lump for images.... Empty Re: googled the foot lump for images.... Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:07 am

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

bigrock wrote:holy..just googled it and who the heck eats chicken feet anyways?
Sweetened wrote:they make a wonderful chicken stock.

lol!
Yeah but..... Slowly simmering feet for the essence of chicken flavour... No way. Even my 4 year old was totally disgusted Suspect at the thought of eating chicken feet. We were at Superstore and he had found a large flat of chicken feet. All he could say was " Yuck! Who would eat chicken poop?!"

4googled the foot lump for images.... Empty Re: googled the foot lump for images.... Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:58 am

KatuskiFarms wrote:
bigrock wrote:holy..just googled it and who the heck eats chicken feet anyways?
Sweetened wrote:they make a wonderful chicken stock.

lol!
Yeah but..... Slowly simmering feet for the essence of chicken flavour... No way. Even my 4 year old was totally disgusted Suspect at the thought of eating chicken feet. We were at Superstore and he had found a large flat of chicken feet. All he could say was " Yuck! Who would eat chicken poop?!"

LOL. I made a beautiful turkey stock from my turkey's feet. The outter membrane peels off pretty easily, but finding out accidentally that the talons pop off almost make me puke LOL. I have a bag of chicken feet in the freezer. Apparently heads are the same thing, however I haven't brought myself to that point.

5googled the foot lump for images.... Empty Re: googled the foot lump for images.... Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh gak. I was in an Asian store when we went to the coast a bit ago. In there was a bag of very clean chickens' feets. They were yellow feet, wonder what kind of chicken they were, they were a good size. Honestly and really. I can think of more parts of the chickens that would be appealing to make soups from than the feet (or heads, oh my!!). To each his own. But really? Why the feet, wouldn't the meat and bones make a better tasting soup, smiling away, I keep thinking about what chickens walk in and how one would EVER get that clean, wouldn't the stuff be absorbed right into the foot material? Oh well, something for everywhere. I can remember a friend's Mum LOVED chicken feet, but to chew on (cleaned, cooked of course, almost made me puke!). Oh, this was about foot lumps, think I'll go back to BigRock's other thread, this one seems about eating chicken feet Razz have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

6googled the foot lump for images.... Empty Re: googled the foot lump for images.... Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:11 am

I dont eat the feet, but they make a beautiful gelatinous stock for sure.

7googled the foot lump for images.... Empty Re: googled the foot lump for images.... Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

For all you uncultured hillbillies, no offence, chicken feet and duck feet with black bean sauce are a delicacy in a Chinese Dim-Sum restaurant! They are very delicious!! Also, some Slavics make a head cheese style meat jelly dish with chicken feet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum