Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I guess he wanted to wrestle

+4
HigginsRAT
Fowler
uno
Hillbilly
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty I guess he wanted to wrestle Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Our last day of cattle sorting went well. We placed 1st in round 1 jackpot ride, continuing our streak of money winnings.
First though, as we were tacking up, a steer escaped. These are roping steer with full horns. He was headed down the driveway, but got blocked and ended up in the neighbours yard where he got to stay for the day.
I decided I would go around and head him back down their long driveway to where 2 other guys could rope him.
Great plan. He started heading down the driveway, did a 180 and headed back toward me full speed. I wave my arms and yell to no avail. Oh well, sidestep and get out of the way. I realize he's not coming just toward me, he's coming AT me. Somehow I dodge and he misses me, and does a 180 again and heads toward me. I see no other option than grabbing the proverbial bull by the horns and get a crash course in steer wrestling. Good times, but not a sport I think I'll pursue.
My wife thinks I'm one of the other guys until I get back to the truck.
Ah well, everyone else was busting a gut laughing.

2I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Wow I hope you discover that someone got THAT on video!
Were you riding somewhere on the Island? Congrats on the placings.

3I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:46 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good Gordon man! Have you lost your mind? All that money must have gone to your head and made you plum loco. I am happy you are here to tell the tale.

4I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:33 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote: I realize he's not coming just toward me, he's coming AT me. Somehow I dodge and he misses me, and does a 180 again and heads toward me.

...and that was when Hillbilly got mad...

5I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:11 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

6I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, why oh why do we laugh at the things that happen to other people, but thanks Hillbilly, you done put that giggle in my mouth this morning. Conjured up some pretty funny images in my mind's eye, especially you have posted pictures of you, your long hippy, hair, your cool cowboy boots and hat. That helps to create an amusing sight. Thanks for this. Glad you weren't hurt though, on a more serious side. Daughter, her Husband and a myriad of acquaintances and friends do sorting each Sunday. BUT...they use youngsters, not full blown adults with bull blown horns. Wonder why? Still a very challenging thing to make a critter go where they probably just do not want to. You brave soul, you!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

7I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

HigginsRAT wrote:
Fowler wrote:
Hillbilly wrote: I realize he's not coming just toward me, he's coming AT me. Somehow I dodge and he misses me, and does a 180 again and heads toward me.

You know Fowler, the angry bovine jokes are a little old... Razz

Actually, I wasn't even thinking about Mad Cow. I was going more in the 'tough guy gets mad and attacks steer' type of thing.

8I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The moment of clarity when I was deciding what to do, and realized he was looking directly at me gave me a good laugh all night.
They aren't quite full grown, but I was definitely not in his weight class!

9I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:
HigginsRAT wrote:
Fowler wrote:

You know Fowler, the angry bovine jokes are a little old... Razz

Actually, I wasn't even thinking about Mad Cow. I was going more in the 'tough guy gets mad and attacks steer' type of thing.

Thats what I was thinking. Never a dull moment around you hey hillbilly!!

10I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

A red cape might have been handy!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

11I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

On a side note, anyone have a good recipe for grass stain removal from a white shirt?

12I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote: On a side note, anyone have a good recipe for grass stain removal from a white shirt?

That doesn't sound like a side note at all! Laughing Glad you both survived the encounter.

13I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

14I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote: On a side note, anyone have a good recipe for grass stain removal from a white shirt?

He used your shirt as a napkin??? No wonder you went for him!

15I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler wrote:

He used your shirt as a napkin??? No wonder you went for him!

If it was just his mouth he wiped, I wouldn't have been so offended Shocked

16I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

lol! lol!

17I guess he wanted to wrestle Empty Re: I guess he wanted to wrestle Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh that thing had NO decency!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum