Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pilgrims. How many? What sex?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Empty Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 am

vic's chicks

I am having trouble trying to decide what to do. Performance can't guarantee that the males and females will be unrelated. I am going round and round in my head trying to figure it out. Some one suggested I get the male and try to trade with someone else? How difficult will that be? I want to hand raise them so that they will hopefully be accustomed to being handled. I am thinking maybe two females for now and try to get another male gosling from somewhere else. If I found a male and he was younger than the other two by a few weeks would I be able to put them in the same brooder or would the older two not accept him?( boy I have a lot to learn, I have so many questions We have tons of grass here, two geese are not going to even make a dent in it.I am wondering if I should get four females from performance and two males from elsewhere.

2Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Empty Re: Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Performance only sells them in pairs, so you will have to order 8 geese to get 4 females.
Finding a unrelated male might be a bigger issue than you think, but might be possible.
I know Boothcreek in BC there has birds from Metzer farms, I have a pair that originates from Holderreads, so if I did get any males I would be selling those, but I have had this pair for 4 years and only got one gosling to hatch last year...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Empty Re: Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 pm

vic's chicks

Seems Performance is sold out anyway.

4Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Empty Re: Pilgrims. How many? What sex? Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, they sell out really early.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum