Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you hum/sing to your critters?

+10
Schipperkesue
Bowker Acres
lady leghorn
Ruffledfeathers
Fowler
toybarons
coopslave
SerJay
heda gobbler
Pollywog
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 pm

If so, what?

My new goat is getting used to me and will let me touch her if I'm humming, not so much otherwise.

When I hum, I hum 'Stay awake' from Mary Poppins. Not kidding... Embarassed

2Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I sing to my dogs and sub their names into songs. I suspect that this will happen with chickens as well. It's because awesome people sing random songs about pets and children.

3Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Me too! I sing to my dogs in the truck particularly. I like to make songs that include all the words they like, featuring "bones" and "squirrels" in particular.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I like when my critters and family like to be around me and so for that reason I do not sing anything. Well except when I am all by myself in my vehicle with the volume cranked to a good song because then I sound AWESOME cheers

5Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my gordon, I would never do that. The hens would go off the lay, the roosters would become sterile and the dogs would howl and their ears would bleed!!!! Laughing

I am completely tone deaf and can prove it anytime. Wink

6Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:43 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guilty as charged. I sing to all my animals. Each has their own song. Each song is different. Same with how I call them by name. Each name I sound a bit different. Kind of hard to explain? Sort of like when you call your dog some people use a different sound, happy sound.

I also speak pet parent baby talk. For those not knowing what on earth this is?

*ahem*
Whose a good little Bradley?
Yes you are! Yes you are mommy's good little rooey.
Momma's good little rooey boy, yes.

I learned it from my mom. I can remember she always talked to our dog like a baby. I feel connected doing it.

7Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

heda gobbler wrote:Me too! I sing to my dogs in the truck particularly. I like to make songs that include all the words they like, featuring "bones" and "squirrels" in particular.

Brown Eyed Squirrel?
Squirrels Just Want to Have Fun?
I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked it?
Jessie's Squirrel?
Rock n Roll Squirrels?

8Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

SerJay wrote:I like when my critters and family like to be around me and so for that reason I do not sing anything. Well except when I am all by myself in my vehicle with the volume cranked to a good song because then I sound AWESOME cheers

I'm TOTALLY with Serjay on this one. I can be found randomly doing farm chores and be caught belting out a old Foreinger or Journey song. but only when its me and the critters.

9Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I sing and talk to the critters too. Never a full song, can't remember any...but it's relaxing and they seem to enjoy it.

Sing in the car or truck, when I'm by myself too. So guilty as charged on all counts. Embarassed

10Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's very good Fowler, now some songs with "bones" in them please!

11Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Diggin up Bones
Bad to the Bone
Work Your Fingers to the Bone
Hillbilly Bone
Little Bones
Skeleton Song (knee bone connected to the hip bone etc)

12Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fabulous!

My dogs will appreciate my new repertoire!

13Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yup, I sing to the critters all the time, but around here critters are called children and the songs are a little more like Disney. There has been requests for Beeber, but I refuse.

14Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

No to singing, yes to baby talk, sometimes yes to swearing.

15Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I do sing or whistle. No song in particular. Just so they know where I am and I'm not surprising anyone.

16Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 am

chicken crack

chicken crack

Baby talk all the time. And things like "hello hennies", "good morning bun buns" in a singsong like tone.

17Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 am

I ask "What're you doing" a lot.... Not sure why. Maybe that's why they all look at me like 'really? Honestly?'

18Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can't be any worse than asking a chicken "What you smiling at?"

19Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 am

toybarons wrote:Can't be any worse than asking a chicken "What you smiling at?"
bahaha. Guilty!

20Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:I ask "What're you doing" a lot.... '

I say that to the cat alot, but I think it is because he always looks like he has been up to something but it is a secret that only he knows about. Rolling Eyes

21Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 am

coopslave wrote:
Sweetened wrote:I ask "What're you doing" a lot.... '

I say that to the cat alot, but I think it is because he always looks like he has been up to something but it is a secret that only he knows about. Rolling Eyes

Last time I had the "what're you doing" conversation with the cat, it ended badly for me (not the cat, couldn't catch him). Let me paint the picture for you.

Cat is sitting by my computer, casually reaching his paw down into my drink and licking it off. "HEY! What're you doing!" Cat pauses, judges the distance and the time it'll take me to get to him, reaches back down the glass, still looking at me. "HEY!!! Leave it alone!" I begin stomping towards the cat who is feverishly licking his paw clean. As I get within arms reach, be bails, dumps the computer mouse and keyboard AND the drink before disappearing into nothingness, not to be seen until I woke up in the middle of the night with him curled up on my chest.

22Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I talk to my birds.... they recognize my voice and silly comments!

Hello Pretty BIRDS!!

23Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I talk to my critters all the time, quite often my kids will start laughing lwhen I am holding one of my critters as I will be rocking it like a baby and singing to it

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

24Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It is extremely possible that I will at some point ask "What's crackin' chickens" because that would be hilarious to me. I may also name one Beyonce and if you read The Bloggess you know what I'll do about that situation. I find ways to entertain myself. Cool

25Do you hum/sing to your critters? Empty Re: Do you hum/sing to your critters? Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I don't talk to my poultry, well I do thank them for the lovely eggs and tell them they are pretty girls. I talk to Mugamoo Magoo (blind duck) and the rooster boys...Mr Kellog and Mr Post. But the real treat for them is listening to CBC on the radio. They just Love The Vinyl Cafe ...not too crazy about Saturday Opera, but oh well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum