Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filling in your show form

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Filling in your show form Empty Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi

I haven't done this in a few years. Does anybody have a sample form filled in or instructions on how for the February show?

Or for example: How would I fill in a Buff Wyandotte Roo, 9 months old. Use to be a key on forms years ago but could not find one.

Class:

Variety:

Color:

Section:

Band N0:

I have around 20 to fill in. At the February show is their a difference between a young Roo and older one? hen or Pullet?

Any Help is appreciated
Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

2Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

On the NCAPA site you will find the entry form and there is also a bird classes form.

Using your information as an example, Buff Wyandotte Roo, 9 months old. Let's say your Wyandotte is a Standard, use the bird classes form, under 'Standards' look up Wyandotte.
Wyandotte is under the 'American' class.

Now find the color, which is Buff.
Buff would be considered A.O.C. , Any Other Color.
Your class number is #12.

Variety would be the breed listed on the bird classes form.
You would write Wyandotte A.O.C.

Then under color enter Buff.

A male under a year old is a cockerel and a rooster if over a year old.
A female under a year old is a pullet and a hen if over a year old.

The abbreviation to use are:
Cockerel = K
Rooster = C
Pullet = P
Hen = H

When I filled out my form, I wasn't sure where to include this information.
So under Color I included the correct abbreviation for sex in brackets ( ).

If you need any help, Perry, I can help you if you like? Or you can do what I did
when I emailed in my entry, just ask Rico if your form is okay.

3Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks

It was the codes for the last part I need. Sent it in to Rico. If weather is good I am planning on taking down 20 birds.

Your help was much appreciated.

4Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Perry, I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

5Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:33 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi Sue

No PM

I did get email about hoses. trying to find them under the three feet of snow. If i can I will bring them.

Perry

6Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry, it was an email. Three feet of snow! Well I dont need it now, but what are my chances of getting it before the growing season starts? Any plans for trips south?

Sorry for the hijack!

7Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:52 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Plan to be going to Calgary in March to see my son. Plan on going to Innisfail at Easter and Ty's sale on May 4th. Hopefully by then the snow will be gone. Hopefully !!!!!!!!!

8Filling in your show form Empty Re: Filling in your show form Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Could you keep me apprised of your travels? I will try to meet you along the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum