Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture

+2
CynthiaM
silkiebantam
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:32 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My friend and I have a Hobby Farm Facebook group, and yesterday someone shared this photo on our Wall. Well, I was quite surprised to see it, as it was one of my own photo's from my blog. The writing had been added onto it from my info. The picture has been shared and passed around a lot, so I thought I would share it with you.

My original blog about the freshness of eggs is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It just seems so strange to see my picture popping up.... Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

2Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh oh, now that is just wrong, very wrong. I am not sure what to say and maybe should say nothing, but big blabbermouth me, I have to say something. That was your picture, and did that person get permission to use your picture. I don`t know Silkie, but this rubs me the wrong way. You took the time to make that beautiful presentation of those eggs (and my oh my, did you ever do a beautiful job,by the way) and that someone is using your photo.....eeeks.....I am bugged. I see some people put their name on their photos that they put on the forum, not sure how they do that, but now I am wondering if any picture that is put on the internet should have this done. Are you annoyed by this? Well, if you are not, I will be the annoyance for you, I will be the side of you that is annoyed and I am annoyed. Did I mention that? Harumph Shocked . Again, I think you did a most beautiful job of displaying those eggs and I am still annoyed someone copied it and used it. Now I wonder too, if any of my pictures have been used. I don't really care, I guess, but now I am becoming more annoyed as the more I think about this annoying thing. Hmmm...starting out the day annoyed is not a good thing. Think I'll go back and read more about ancient grains, that will make me happy Cool Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

3Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:10 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now, I am going to ask you, Silkie. May I use this picture to put into my pictures, so that if I ever want to have something cool to look at and understand the age of eggs and how they can be told if they are young or old can be employed, would you mind? I will not use it unless I have your permission. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

4Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:11 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

thats cool! Nice to see your info used but maybe a little disturbing when you dont get any photo credits, ah the joys and downfalls of the internet!!

Where did you find the "bad egg?" Maybe under a broody hen?
I have found nests outside(even in the heat of summer!) with 20-24 eggs in them and when I did the float test, not a one floated and they were all still edible
These eggs are amazingly packaged arent they?

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

5Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh, Cynthia...

I'm sorry to have annoyed you this early in the morning. You are such a sweet person.

I admit, I am feeling pretty weird about it. The person that added the writing to the picture, did give credit to "Klew Nu Farms" in their blog. But now the picture is being passed around and I see the fb Healthy Eating 101 stamp on the picture.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

6Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

silkiebantam wrote: But now the picture is being passed around and I see the fb Healthy Eating 101 stamp on the picture.

Hee, hee, I was annoyed and but even more annoyed, smiling that big smile Laughing

Ya, what can ya do? But what the ding dang, now fb healthy eating 101 is using your picture. There is something just sitting horribly not right.

That was YOUR picture.

Rats, out of your control I guess. And don't worry, it hasn't caused stress, just annoyance, and that is different than a stressor Cool

To anyone that makes that logo, of your name, I suppose we shall call it, your farm name, I suppose we could call it that. Is that a permanent part of the image that you put on the internet, so if anyone uses the photo, you will always remain as part of the image.

This is something that needs addressing, Silkie. I am addressing it for you. Have a most wonderful day, still, CynthiaM.

7Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:11 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That is annoying and upsetting! Have you got the exif data on the photo? Can you contact the website and ask them to remove the photo and perhaps use their own photo? It's either watermark all your pics which can either be cropped out if small or big enough to take away from the picture Evil or Very Mad Once pics get shared online it seems everyone thinks its ok to copy and take credit for others work No That is a very nice and helpful photo but your name should be on it

8Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with the sentiments of others. Your work, you should get credit front and centre! I don't know what you can do about payment, royalties or copyright infringement, but at the very least your name in big bold letters should appear!

Of course what you can do about it is a good question.

Awesome pic and some very good info.

9Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's hard because as upsetting as it is to have photos used without permission anytime you upload an avatar or share a funny that hasn't been taken by you someone else is feeling that way. The only thing you can do is ask them to remove the photo and add ugly watermarks to future photos so they don't get used without permission Evil or Very Mad

On the other hand Silkie your wonderful photo and information is being used in a helpful way that educates others and so there should be pride in the great job you did Very Happy

10Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Empty Re: Egg Freshness Float Test ~ Picture Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can certainly understand the frustration.

On the other hand, it's kind of neat that your work garnered such attention. That's a good photo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum