Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This was to good not to share.

+6
happychicks
cuckoomama
karona
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
coopslave
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This was to good not to share. Empty This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, ain't it the truth, that was a good one to share for surely. Good reasons TO BUY beside a farm, as far as I am concerned, bring every one of the things listed on the sign, I could dig it!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

3This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:Oh ya, ain't it the truth, that was a good one to share for surely. Good reasons TO BUY beside a farm, as far as I am concerned, bring every one of the things listed on the sign, I could dig it!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

*like*

4This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

haha Thats an awesome sign! Now hubby is gonna want one Laughing

5This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Great sign wish we had that
when we lived outside Kelowna.
Had a neighbor who moved in after us
call to complain about the roosters crowing.
I gave him an ear full and told him to
move back to the city.

6This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We have a neighbour that lives on the other side of the road. Funny place Roberts Creek. One side of the road is residential, the other is designated rural. We have ducks and chickens. She (Miss neighbour) does not like the sound of the ducks quacking when they are happy, the roosters crowing etc. She said that her sister has chickens and keeps them penned up, so should we. We have 2.5 acres and want our chickens to free range when they have the opportunity every day. I do not want to pen up my chickens. Another weird thing is, although the neighbours see my husband and I our cleaning the coop every day, not one has asked to buy our eggs. We have a good clientelle that come from the surrounding area and at work I sell eggs but seems like the neighbours would rather have store bought, weeks old eggs....good for them. (sorry, a little off topic)

7This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great sign!

8This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Too True! Sooo funny!

9This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That is a great sign to have especially if someone is selling land near your farm. People from the city don't always understand the runnings of a farm and what it would actually be like to live next to or near one. Lou

10This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

I live next to two chicken farms, a dairy and a feedlot - although you would hardly know it due to how my land and their land is situated. I'm lucky in that. Anyway, the feedlot neighbours (I just remembered, 3 chicken farms, not 2) have 3 sons and one of them plows my driveway and yard when it's really snowy, and will come and help me with whatever I need help with, on the run and double-quick. I try really hard not to abuse that goodwill and make sure I say Thanks! every time he comes to do anything.

One day I mentioned how grateful I felt, and how cared-for. I have several neighbours who do stuff for me, like plowing, and just watching out for me, the neighbourhood single gal. He said "well, you're an excellent neighbour, so we appreciate you". I was a bit flabbergasted, so I asked what made me a good neighbour. He said in the years that his family had lived there, they'd had a few nearby neighbours call the township office due to "xx" going on at the feedlot, or one of the other neighbour's chicken farms, or whatever (there's also a monster dairy not far from us) and generally raise a stink about what they perceived as...a stink! So these guys appreciated that I didn't do that too. I was shocked. But I suppose a "city" folk might find the quiet too devoid of sound; the farm air too lacking in exhaust; the sound of cattle lowing too offensive to their ears. I don't know. I love it. And I understand that farming comes with smells and sounds that are just...the sounds and smells of farming!

And I thought they just liked the dozen eggs I pass through the window of their big machine as they clear the snow. Smile

11This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That is a great sign! Love it.

12This was to good not to share. Empty Re: This was to good not to share. Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

chickadee

chickadee

I love it!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum