Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicken food bins

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chicken food bins Empty Chicken food bins Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hubby brought me these home tonight. They are the best ... a 50lb bag of chicken food fits quite nicely, they were on sale at Canadian Tire for $10/ea.They stack one on top of the other and you can still open the small end without taking the top one off. I love them, they are perfect for henscratch, grit, oyster shells and for me even my smaller crumble food that I only need to scoop out. Love 'em, just had to share.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

XOX Monika

2Chicken food bins Empty Re: Chicken food bins Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for sharing!! I am going to have to see if I can find a few. I am figuring one for chick starter, one for turkey, one for duck, another for oyster shell and one more for grit. Possibly one more for my diamaceous earth. Do they seal up nicely? Would they work for flour or sugar also? I buy huge bags as we go through so much!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

3Chicken food bins Empty Re: Chicken food bins Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes I think they would work very well for flour and sugar, good idea. I like the way they snap shut, for me its about rodent control and stackability. I love that I can access one with out having to lift the others off. The isle area in my coop is too narrow if I have large garbage cans in there one beside the other to hold food etc. so these are the perfect solution for me.

XOX Monika

4Chicken food bins Empty Re: Chicken food bins Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

These are great, I use them for horse feed. Can't use them for the chook food as my chook food stays outside. I use big garbage cans for the chook food as they are water proof and winter hardy.
I need some more horse feed containers, better get off to Canadian Tire next time I am in town.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum