Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watery poop?

+5
coopslave
CynthiaM
R. Roo
silkiebantam
Schipperkesue
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Watery poop? Empty Watery poop? Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a chicken with really liquid poops. He also drinks a lot of water. I seems to go right through him. Any idea what may be causing this?

2Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Perhaps your chicken has worms.

It got me curious so I looked it up.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How's he doing today?

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

A worming we will go, a worming we will go...

Thanks, SB!

4Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 am

R. Roo

Last edited by R. Roo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, so here we go again with worming. Good topic, always has immense discussion and needs immense discussion. also, too, bear in mind Sue, as you had said, when birds consume copious amounts of water, they may get very watery turds. Turds. What a word. So now we go again, I am going to put a link here for everyone to look at. This involves lots of pictures of poop. Chicken poop. The good, the bad and the ugly. Take a gander at all the pictures in this thread I am bringing here. That has been there for years and years for others to see. I just wish I knew how to save down this document and pictures, in the event that the site ever goes belly up. Anyone know how to save these whack of pictures, other than saving down each picture by itself, but then, is that an OK thing to do without the permission of someone. Sigh...oh these things in life. Anyways, go and look at lots of pictures of the feces of what our chickens can squirt out the back end. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

I had a look to see when this post was made, in 2008, now that has been around for a long, long time....

Enjoy the pictures and pay attention. Lots of poo!!

6Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is such a great poop thread, thanks for posting it again!!! Who woulda thunk lookin at poop would be so interesting? Laughing

7Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I am worming my puppies right now, so it only makes sense that I may have to deal with worms on both ends.

It certainly makes sense that water intake = water output, but my question is why? why does one chicken drink twice the water of three chickens of the same breed. If worms are causing him to drink it all makes sense.

What else might cause too much drinking? Chicken Diabetes? Drowning his sorrows? Alcoholism?

8Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia! Giant email coming your way!

9Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:48 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CynthiaM wrote: That has been there for years and years for others to see. I just wish I knew how to save down this document and pictures, in the event that the site ever goes belly up.

Enjoy the pictures and pay attention. Lots of poo!!
Here you go... Ripped and Stripped.... Cool

Here is a link to the copied thread.

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

10Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:20 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would think more along the lines of kidney if there were to be a problem. Msybe congenital defect or infection?

Do they have access to water all day? It's not frozen then broken up to make her drink as much as she can? Any access to excessive salt?

Maybe just a bad habit!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

11Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

R. Roo wrote:Thought I read somewhere that increasing the amount of fibre in the diet corrects watery turds.
If you feed Diatomaceous Earth to your chicken it will dry up their poop from what I have read. I mix some in their feed today. They say it is good for drying up damp coops and runs. That what I have read at Barn Fresh Plus website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

12Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

resurected this one for a couple of reasons....
one,,i can't see the difference between these two pics, where one is abnormal and the other is normal.
my chicks are pooping out this sort of poop

the above pic is the abnormal? and the one below is normal? they kind of look the same to me

13Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:20 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bigrock wrote:resurected this one for a couple of reasons....
one,,i can't see the difference between these two pics, where one is abnormal and the other is normal.
my chicks are pooping out this sort of poop

the above pic is the abnormal? and the one below is normal?  they kind of look the same to me

they look the same to me too Bigrock.  maybe it is the same and the color diff has to do with what they are eating?    

Here's something I found in my chckies poop, would have missed it had I not put the poop board up there (sort of want to do the deep litter thing but that coop is narrow and long and a poop board works well so it stays for now and I clear it off).  Now I study poop like a little kid with a stick  -  sorry, that sounds infantile but it sure is something to pay attention to.  I found this some time back, we treated for roundworm, everyone got the stuff (flubenvet).   Hope you don't feel hijacked with this Sue.  The chickens felt much better pretty quickly and did start to put weight on a little more.  I cannot recall if their poop was watery or not, the photo doesn't show watery.  I have a few out there with watery poops now though, mostly I hear it when I'm out in the run with them and look to see, regular poop makes little or no sound.  I think they are pretty healthy and wonder if the answer to that is that the girls with the watery poops are not getting enough feed and this might be because Blanche and Sylvie (top chooks) gooseguard the feeder some times.  I need to put more food out I think.  Lack of food was one of the possible reasons given in that link with all the excellent pictures I believe.  Anyway, here's the gack picture.  blurk.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:02 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bring on the poo! I am unhijackable!

That is a nice big worm...or someone has been playing tricks with spaghetti!

15Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:21 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have another look at the original photos. The top one is frothy, kinda foamy, the second is not and has normal consistency.

16Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yep. see that Coopslave. ta |:-)

17Watery poop? Empty Re: Watery poop? Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:58 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, did I ever thank you for the big poopy email you sent me, thanks, if I did not. I can't stand chicken poop, it is the most disgusting poop on earth, in my honest opinion. You got some honker big worms there Magdelan, as is very common in chickens. No worries, wormer would have taken care of that. Isn't chicken poop pictures just an awful thing to look at, but not worries, I too have played in poo!! Shocked  just a part of life husbandry. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum