Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bogs?? Do you know??

+10
silkiebantam
Zenchicken
CynthiaM
Critter Haven Farm
SerJay
smokyriver
coopslave
fuzzylittlefriend
Anna
Ruffledfeathers
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh for sure Very Happy

27Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have a pair of the winter Muck boots that I have had for 3 HARD USE years. I wear them quadding, hunting, river steelhead fishing, and everyday wear on the farm. I cannot say enough good things about these boots. If you've had a problem with them, then in my opinion you've had a defective pair. The neoprene can be repaired if necessary.
I have finally separated a sole from the boot after much hard work. I've caught them in barb wire, hooked a nail with one, and they're still waterproof. I will NEVER buy another brand of boot.

28Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

Hillbilly.... which Muck boot do you have?

29Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have the Woody Elite Arctic. I liked them so much, 2 years ago I bought my wife a regular (brown) pair of the arctics.

Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 CAM00109_zpsdbdb3f44

Last edited by Hillbilly on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : photo added)

30Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't wear them in the hot summer months, but if I had to guess, I would say, from fall, as soon as the rains come, until June. I wear them every day, and all day on weekends, as I spend mostly the entire day outside when I'm home, and these boots have not a single split in them.
I think this might be year 4 actually, but 3 for sure.

31Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How are they for hiking in? Are they light weight? Do they tear easily in the bush?

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

32Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I went looking for bogs last week because I got tired of wet cold feet. I found I'd waited too long and nothing left in my size around town but found a pair of Muck wetlands. Not nearly as stylish hahaha but I was out for an hour standing around playing with my camera and watching kids and feet stayed dry even when I ventured through the front yard which didn't seem that deep with snow Very Happy They fit very nice and snug so no snow got in cheers
They have a very nice feel to walk in them and they aren't heavy and clunky so so far I'm glad I read this post and got myself some new boots Very Happy
How's your search for stylishly warm feet going Ruffled?

33Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

So far my hunt has been on net only Shocked But in 2 weeks I get to venture out of town and go to a wrestling tourny. So thats kind of my hold up right now. Williams Lake has nothing and if it does have something its way over priced. So I wait, but on the up side I'm thinking I'm going with the Mucks. My neighbor has the Bogs and had nothing good to say about them.

So well see......

34Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

silkiebantam wrote:How are they for hiking in? Are they light weight? Do they tear easily in the bush?

I wear those mucks in heavy west coast forest. That can mean anything from salal and blackberries, to ferns and slash. I've gotten hung up in barb wire a few times, and only put a hole in the outer fabric. Still no leaks

35Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sweet! I'm going to keep that in mind for the next time I need boots. We have lots of thick bush here too. Lot's of Devils club and whatnot.

36Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

silkiebantam wrote:Sweet! I'm going to keep that in mind for the next time I need boots. We have lots of thick bush here too. Lot's of Devils club and whatnot.

I don't miss that Devils club at all affraid they get HUGE in the coastal regions Hillbilly would know that too or those big thorny bush that attacks you when you walk by... Smile

37Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:
silkiebantam wrote:Sweet! I'm going to keep that in mind for the next time I need boots. We have lots of thick bush here too. Lot's of Devils club and whatnot.

I don't miss that Devils club at all affraid they get HUGE in the coastal regions Hillbilly would know that too or those big thorny bush that attacks you when you walk by... Smile

They make life exciting! lol

Actually, they are really quite pretty plants, with their massive leaves and bunches of bright red berries. They also have the smarts to grow right where you will surely need a hand hold. Very devilish of them.

38Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'd suggest trying them on even if you find a better deal online. IDK why but I ended up going a size smaller and glad I thought to try it. I usually take an 8 or 8.5 but went with a 7 in mucks and they fit better even with thick cozy socks. The Muck boots I tried in my usual size seemed big and sloppy and I don't think I'd enjoy walking in them for long.

The wetlands I chose are rated to -25 but last weekend was -20 to -24 and I was standing around in knee deep snow for most of an hour and I came in with warm dry feet. When I'm out doing chores they are comfy but then I'm rarely standing still so not so surprising when my feet stay warm Very Happy My problem with my old boots was they kept letting snow in and I'd go out with cold damp feet and just wouldn't dry enough before I'd have to put them back on again

39Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:44 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The wetlands are the ones I bought my wife. The ones I bought are rated to -40. She's never had cold feet in hers, but we're not -20 here.v

40Bogs?? Do you know?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 pm

RavenWood

RavenWood

Try shoeme.ca ... that's where I got mine (same as those shown above but in purple!) Some are on sale and free shipping!

https://www.facebook.com/RavenwoodAcresHeritagePoultry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum