Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bogs?? Do you know??

+10
silkiebantam
Zenchicken
CynthiaM
Critter Haven Farm
SerJay
smokyriver
coopslave
fuzzylittlefriend
Anna
Ruffledfeathers
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was standing in line today at the bank when I noticed that 2 people were wearing these boots. These neopreen like boots affraid and I couldn't help but stare Shocked at them and almost drool.

I was smart enough to ask the lady in front of me what she was wearing! She replied there BOGS and my MIL got them for me about a 1.5 ago. I asked well where could I get some and she said "i donno" MIL! Check the net.

Where do I even start? Does anybody carry them commercially, like Marks, or Canadian Tire.

Do any of you have these or know of them?

Last edited by Ruffledfeathers on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Anna

Anna

3Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:04 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I bought a pair last year and live them! Worth every penny. They made the winter tolerable by not sloshing around in oversized boots and they don't hurt my feet.

I bought mine from a tack shop in Vernon and most horsey places carry them. I know greenhawk had them now and have them on sale currently.

Www.greenhawk.net ( I am pretty sure!)

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

4Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank You Thank You Thank You

5Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Are they as good in the cold as the Artic Muck? They look very interesting!

I like the Hudson Buckle, wish I could afford them!

6Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

The arctic muck is rated for colder weather, also if you are wearing the bogs for everyday work, we have seen others that have had them crack and break up, we have not seen or heard this about the Mucks. The bogs come in alot cooler designs and colors. When I bought my arctic mucks I had the choice of solid black, black and purple, black and pink, or black and blue (which are the ones I bought). I always have cold feet in the winter, but have not had cold feet wearing these. I will definitely buy the arctic mucks again!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

7Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:42 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yep Greenhawk here sells them so I'm sure Kamloops would too Smile I keep asking but so far Santa hasn't brought any my sorrels are about 18yrs old though so I think it's time for a new pair Very Happy

8Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have the classic tall. I remember they were rated to minus 40. I have only ever worn an ankle sock ( regular thin sock) and nothing else. The coldest we had last year was about minus 25 and I had no cold feet.

I am actually quite the fashionista when I feed. Its quite a look if anyone is watching.

In the spring and fall the neighbours can find me feeding in my knee high bogs, pink zip up house coat usually with a hoody ( generally pink). In the winter its my heavy barn coat, capri yoga pants and bogs. I stay toasty warm with only my thighs getting slightly cold. When it gets real cold ( colder then minus 5 say) I sub some fleece pants. Between my long coat and the bogs I am warm during the chores.

I even washed my bogs this year as the wet fall and horse pee made them start to stink. NOT sure if that was ok but I air dried them for a few days and they have been fine.

I have been considering the short pair for maybe spring.

I have generally hated winter and all that went with winter chores but I decided to splurge last year and I was so greatful I did.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

9Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 am

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

I have had both Muck Boots(Arctic Sport) and Bogs.... neither one kept my feet dry, therefore, not warm. I have not found a boot that is satisfactory... I use them mostly on the tractor blowing snow, so maybe the sitting has something to do with it. If you wear them in the bush (e.g. walking, working spring or fall), they tend not to last long. For town use, they might be o.k. but not in the country (in my opinion, anyhow) Not a work boot.(mucking out, snowshoeing,etc. Each only lasted one season..two tops.. and they are both very expensive.

10Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:14 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a pair of black bogs and I love them. They have an opening in the top on the side so that can be used as a handle to put them on. I love them. I wear them all year around. I do not wear regular socks in them in the winter, as I find my feet get cold. But if I put on the wool socks, or something that is a big warmer like that. My feet stay 100% and dry. I have never had any issue with moist feet. Pretty sure they are water proof. I have them 1/2 size too big, so I can put extra socks in if I want. If they were any smaller, then I think my feet would be cold. Did I mention I love my bogs? I think there are many stores that carry them. I got mine at a store called Woodsman, or something like that, in Salmon Arm. Think they were $130 or so, but worth every penny of it. And yes, even at -17 last year they kept my feet warm. Now if I want really warm feet wherein I don't even know my feet exist, I wear my sorrels. But they are so clumbsy and clunky, rarely do I wear them. But they are certainly nice when I want to clomp around. The bogs are so lightweight is what I like about them, and they fit reasonably tight around my legs and are very long, almost to my knees, toasty warm and awesome!! So easy to put on cause of the handle in the leg top of them. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

11Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 am

Zenchicken

I also have the Black Bogs with the handles in them.....I wear them everyday from April to October( i find them a little cold in the winter so i have the Arctic Mucks for the cold months. The bogs are coming on to their fifth season and are still in good condition and I love love love them. I also have a short pair that I received as a gift ......they did fail after the 1st season...started cracking along the sole....I contacted Bogs and then sent them some photos and they sent me a brand new pair they were very nice about it those ones have been great as well.

12Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:30 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, I have another style of bogs that I wear in the less cold months. They are not the neoprene type of my other black ones. They are more shiney looking, a different material and they sit so tight on my legs, sometimes I have trouble to get them off. I think that if I wore them more, they would not stand up as the other bogs I have. Just seems like the material might crack. Should that happen, I will remember to take a picture and see if they would replace them. They seem like they would not be as durable, as the rubber is more stiff, I could see that happening. In my winter bogs the material is quite pliable. Totally different boot material. I do know that if I don't wear warm socks in my neoprene bogs that my feet do get cold, so wintertime totally feel like I need to increase warmth by (I have merino wool socks) wearing good foot protection. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

13Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow very interesting. I'm sure you can guess that I'm looking for something that is a quality inbetween gum boots and clunky sorrels. For the chores around the farm.

I am interested in both sides of the story good and bad.

I have been looking at the Mucks and comparing the bOgs Shocked Its a whole new spectrum of shopping for me.I have a couple of stores that I can check out when I go for my next major shopping trip.

I was thinking of checking out The Horse Barn and Wholesale Sports both in Kamloops.

I too am usually quite the sight when I go out first thing in the morning, plaid pj pants, plaid doe skin, camo rubber boots or sorrels, and my toque and no none of it matches Laughing

14Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:28 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I bought my mucks, I first looked at the bogs which I probably would have bought without even seeing the mucks if it hasn't been for the fact that they did not have my size. Once they showed me the mucks, when I felt the difference in the thickness I was glad they did not have my size in the bogs. Then we found out from friends about the cracking. I will definitely be buying the mucks again, now I want a pair for good

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

15Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you're the guy who'll decide where to go. Dr. Suess

Bogs?? Do you know?? IMG_8624_zpsa492a064

I have Bogs and totally LOVE them. I've worn out several pairs because I wear them all the time. My older worn out ones I saved for the farm yard mucking about, like going into the pig pen or cleaning the chicken house. Easy to slip on and off, I think... or manybe I've just did it so many times I think it's easy.

They are warm and so comfortable that it feels like they are hugging your feet. They are so light weight that you hardly feel like you are wearing them, so they are awesome for hiking in. Plus the waterproofness lets you go almost anywhere. Stream to deep? Take them off and carry them by the nice handles. The stretchy neoprene is cool because it hugs your leg so if you step in deeper snow, the snow doesn't pack solid into your boot. Not to mention, you can get them in so many funky colors. The color does wear off after while, but who cares as long as your feet are warm and dry. I always get the tall ones so I can go more places.

I'm a huge fan of bogs. I absolutely love mine. Oh, did I mention I got a new pair for Christmas?

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

16Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Silkie, well said, now those a cool set of bogs. Mine are just black and ugly actually. I think for the flowery spring and summer and fall, I'm going to get a pretty pair of bogs. The handles are for surely the best part of them. Nice picture!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

17Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice Silkie, Nice! Very Happy

18Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

| have ordered a pair in my size,15, hard to find. I bought my sorels in 1986 in van during expo. They were in the window next to the smallest pair as their advertising display, they had to take thme out of the window as they only had one pair that size, I ruined their display but have used those boots every year since. Hard to believe I have had them 27 years and I am only 28. It is also hard to believe my mother could gove birth to a tiny baby with such big feet. Rolling Eyes

19Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:41 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

bckev wrote:| have ordered a pair in my size,15, hard to find.

Shocked Razz . Oh man, now that is funny. Not to make fun of you, but I have seen a friend that has size 13 and I thought that was a huge foot!! Truly, I bet you do have a time to find footwear of that great magnitude. Wow. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

20Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 am

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

Silkie....... are you on the payroll for advertising Bogs? LOL! That sure is some awesome picture! Makes me want to try them again!

21Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Critter Haven Farm wrote:Silkie....... are you on the payroll for advertising Bogs? LOL! That sure is some awesome picture! Makes me want to try them again!

Ya, wow, for sure!! Silkie, get a new job, you could be the advertising gal that could get a whole whack of great pictures for Bog. You know your skills with taking pictures, they are wonderful. Wonder how many people you have spurred to go out and buy a pretty pair of Bogs, just like yours. Would a man wear such pretty ones? I hear real men wear pink, smiling that big smile. I want Bogs, just like yours, Silkie. Are they the high ones, or the ones that are more short, like calf length. My Daughter has a pair of Bogs that are like calf length and used to be pretty like yours. I have always coveted those boots and can't wait for the day when she tires of them and passes them forward Embarassed . I love hand-me-downs, things nicely worn in but not oldly worn in to nuthin' left. Me want new Bogs, me want new Bogs, just like Silkiebantam's!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

22Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have tried both Boggs and Mucks, I prefer the mucks myself. I have had them for 3 years now and only one problem. I have the Much Chore Boots, rated to -40, and they are awesome. They have nice grippy soles, and are not heavy on my feel. They are snug on my legs and do not allow snow in the boots, also keeping the heat in.
My one boot got some cracks in it this summer (yes I wear these year round, LOL) and I simply returned them to the place of purchase and they gave me a new pair (1 year no questions warrenty is awesome).
I do find it you are standing a long time, or sitting on a tractor they do not keep your feet as warm, they need that movement to keep the circulation going and keep your feet warm.

I got a pair of Brit Colts this year for riding in, havent tried them yet but super excited about them...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

23Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think if you stand still in really cold weather in any boot, your feet will eventually get cold. The trick is to keep moving and keep the blood flowing to the toesies. Busy feet are happy feet in cold weather.

I have had a pair that cracked, but I assumed that is because I wear them constantly, and crouch a lot in them and bend near the toes. Also I have found that wearing them while around barbed wire is a bad idea.

Wouldn't it be fun to advertise for them? Take along the camera and take pictures of your boots in all sorts of places? Sounds adventurous to me. A person could see a lot of things.

Living in a rainy area like we do, Bogs just seems to be so practical. I always wonder how people are able to really get out and live wearing those high healed boots and shoes...

I think it would be nice to try a pair of your Mucks, Hidden River. They sound great.

24Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

See, now you guys have me thinking.

I've been trying to figure out what to Blog about now that I no longer have Klew Nu Farms.

Why not have a bit of a Bog Blog. The more I think about it the more I like it. It sort of combines a bunch of stuff I enjoy. Hikes, taking pictures, spending time with people (I like to have company) doing fun things, a bit of writing, and of course my Bogs. Plus it would give me an excuse to have to get out, which is good for body and soul.

Thanks for the inspiration.

25Bogs?? Do you know?? Empty Re: Bogs?? Do you know?? Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

Ruffled Feathers..... when you get them, let us know what you think of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum