Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owl attack

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owl attack Empty Owl attack Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:50 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well this morning when I went to so chores I had a lovely site a big old owl sitting on a fresh kill of my blue Swedish duck. He has crashed through the light deer net I had over the pen when it tried to fly away he could not get back through the fence I came to the house tried to contact fish and wildlife and of course no answer. Now I have this darn owl trapped in my pen, and I really don't know what to do. If I were to shoot him can I get charged?

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

2Owl attack Empty Re: Owl attack Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Isn't the Shoot/Shovel/Shut-up rule in effect between Xmas and NYE? Do it quick! Then delete this post in case LCRT or someone sees it and decides to cause trouble. Laughing

3Owl attack Empty Re: Owl attack Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Livestock Act

4Owl attack Empty Re: Owl attack Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yup. as has been said!!

5Owl attack Empty Re: Owl attack Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had this happen and I just threw a horse blanket over the Hawk (not and owl) and bundled it up. Then I released it. I never had any trouble with it again and it and its mate raised it young in the area. We could see their nest from our house.

6Owl attack Empty Re: Owl attack Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I've been trying to remember where the laws are for this, and its not the livestock act. I think its in the wildlife protection act.
These are provincial regulations, but as a general rule, if its not a protected endangered species, and threatens your property, or livestock, it can be killed legally as long as you report it to your local conservation officer.
Every livestock owner should be familiar with their provincial regulations regarding dangerous wildlife.
Your local conservation office should provide you with the necessary info.

7Owl attack Empty Re: Owl attack Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 am

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

I agree with coopslave, but use a thick blanket and some thick gloves, those suckers are strong!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum