Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas

+11
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
SerJay
heda gobbler
R. Roo
call ducks
Fowler
rosewood
Susan
Chantecler_eh?
HigginsRAT
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

Merry Christmas Tara rendeer As for guessing which is the hen turkey I'm going to go with the second from the left in the middle.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

3Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Merry Christmas, Tara Smile

4Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Merry Christmas, so glad you put this together.

5Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Merry Christmas and VERY nice!

No need to be concerned about the geese. In French, the verb "to go" is aller (pronounced a-lay).

Thus you have 6 geese 'aller-ing'. Very Happy

6Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:37 pm

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Marry Christmas Tara!! It's the second row down and second in Very Happy

7Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm

R. Roo

Last edited by R. Roo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

8Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fabulous.
Merry Christmas one and all!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

9Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:41 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

santa Very cool! rendeer

Fowler you are very quick and it is even pronounced the same lol!

10Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know, I know, the turkey hen, it is picture number 6, the brown one, second row of pictures, 2nd one over I think and a possibility of the next darker coloured on to the right of the brown one, hard to tell, the head shot is not so good. Seems that is the only one I can see that does not have a long, long snood and less caruncles on her face. Right? I remember seeing one of our turkey hens strutting her stuff and she surely looked like a dude in that way!!

What a most beautiful post and so many lovingly taken pictures. Wow....inventive, ingenious, you are kind, you are smart and you are beautiful. Thanks for the walk through those 12 days of Christmas. Lovely as lovely can be, beautiful night and days to follow, CynthiaM.

11Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Merry Christmas to you and yours Higgins!

12Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Love your pictures Tara, and a very Merry Christmas to you too. santa

14Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

That was GREAT Tara. What a fitting way to bring in Christmas.
I hope you and yours have a great holiday season.

15Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

The first day of the year
What will you give me, my [female] love?
One lone partridge
That goes, that comes, that flies,
That flies in the woods So my present is going to fly away? Oh you spoil me!

The following verses accumulate additional gifts on each subsequent day, in the same manner as "The Twelve Days of Christmas":

Deux touterelles (two turtle-doves) Not bad. Maybe add a cage next time.

Trois rameaux de bois (three wooden branches) Great! I'll have something to beat you with.

Quat' canards volant en l'air (four ducks flying in the air) Another flying present. Oy.

Cinq lapins courant par terre (five rabbits running on the ground) Oh goody! Fun to catch.

Six chiens courants (six running dogs) Right. Rabbits are easier to catch when they're dead.

Sept moulins à vent (seven windmills) Ah, you're a green nut. No wonder you don't believe in caging animals.

Huit vaches mourdants (eight chewing cows) Because my feed bill isn't big enough.

Neuf boeufs cornus (nine horned bulls) Nine bulls all together around 8 chewing cows? No way THAT could go wrong.

Dix pigeons blancs (ten white pigeons) Do these fly away too?

Onze plats d'argent (eleven silver plates) Good, something to eat my dog-chewed rabbits on.

Douze coqs chantants (twelve crowing cockerels) Because one noisy rooster is never enough.

16Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you for the wonderful Christmas greetings! santa

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

17Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:48 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweet, Tara!

19Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, dearest Tara, I loved the post..and the additional posting to the post, thank you girl. I get such a kick out of the different ways in which people perceive things. How Chantecler_eh?, call ducks and myself, described the location of which bird we considered to be the turkey hen, but we viewed how the location was described differently in subtle ways. Just so darn interesting. Love the picture of the hen strutting her stuff. Surely does look like the tom, now doesn't she? Girls can be as beautiful and the boys Razz . I am going to rouste up a picture of the hen that we had that was strutting her stuff. I'll put it in another post, so I don't take away from your thread (although I know you have always told me to "bring it!!"). Have the most incredible day, CynthiaM.

HigginsRAT wrote:heel low:

Chantecler_eh?) wrote: wrote:As for guessing which is the hen turkey I'm going to go with the second from the left in the middle.

call ducks wrote: wrote:It's the second row down and second in Very Happy

CynthiaM wrote: wrote:I know, I know, the turkey hen, it is picture number 6, the brown one, second row of pictures, 2nd one over I think and a possibility of the next darker coloured on to the right of the brown one, hard to tell, the head shot is not so good. Seems that is the only one I can see that does not have a long, long snood and less caruncles on her face. Right? I remember seeing one of our turkey hens strutting her stuff and she surely looked like a dude in that way!!

Yes, you three are absolutely CORRECT

20Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Empty Re: Twelve BIRD Days of Christmas Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had always taken it that you received each gift once but I see how it can be read the other way too. That's a lot of animals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum