Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

terminology: copperhead or black copper marans

+3
Schipperkesue
appway
niglefritz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

niglefritz

Is Copperhead just as proper as Black Copper? The only place that I found this name after a search was from one organic chicken place in the UK after I saw it in an ad on Kijiji.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Never heard of copper head unless it is a snake
they are called black copper marans

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And a beautiful snake it is, too!

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:And a beautiful snake it is, too!

....... as snakes go ...... Razz lol

5terminology: copperhead or black copper marans Empty . Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 pm

niglefritz

That is what I thought. I got a pretty nasty reply to me questioning her. I said that there is no breed named that and corrected her. Talk about snarky. Evil or Very Mad

So all you Marans people out there...get ready to hear some "expert" tell you that they have Copperhead Marans chickens for sale. I have no idea if you've encountered them yet, but there are some that someone from Rosenort, MB is selling. They are out there and spreading along with this misinformation...

I bet the CH cross would look kind of odd and cause quite a commotion in a coop. affraid Laughing

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was on another chicken site and someone was comment how nice the Cornish people were online. Not at all like those snooty Marans people.

Are some people snootier based on the breeds they own? Does breed dictate personality? I imagine Buckeye people are down to earth, Silkie people are airheads, and Cochin people have big butts!

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

and what do you call us Bantam People

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ohhh, don't say it, Sue. Joe is looking for trouble! Don't answer! Don't say anything!

9terminology: copperhead or black copper marans Empty . Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

niglefritz

And what about the Brahma people? They must be extra large. Laughing I wonder then about those who have many kinds, like me? What would I be then...Light Brahmas, double Marans Shocked , hoping to get some rumpless Araucana?
Hmmm??? So far, I am double snooty, extra large, hoping to lose some weight and??? Do ducks change anything? We have a couple of kinds of those too...

The reply from the lady..."thanks for the info and yes they know. Its a matter of wording on KIJIJI. lol I will be sure to name them properly just for your satisfaction from now on."

I guess Kijiji has a lot to learn. Razz

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ahhhhhh come on Sue you know you want to say it

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mmmppphhhhh......

OK! I can't stop myself..... Bantam people are the smartest of them all because they can take five chickens to a show in a crate where one large fowl fits!

Oh, did I mention I have bantam Cornish and silkies?

Hee hee hee!

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

hy thank you sue that was sweet LOL
And yes you are a bantam person also
I am thinking about some Dark Cornish Bantam come spring are yours show stock or hatchery? Really like my Bantams

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine are not hatchery stock. They originally come from PerrySchofield. They have nice brick like bodies!

Soooo... What does it mean if you raise Houdans, Niglefritz?

14terminology: copperhead or black copper marans Empty . Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 pm

niglefritz

Hmmm...

Flashy hairy and speedy? Stuck in the 80's (big hair)? Are you setting me up here?

These look like a girl that went to my school:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooh, I had big hair in the '80s. Not hard when you are curly! Poor Houdans. Lost my favorite girl to a raven this year. Those feathers blocked her sight and she probably didn't even see it coming. Big hair kills.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote: and Cochin people have big butts!

Oh another morning laugh, you saying I got a big butt Razz . Far from it, you??? Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

niglefritz wrote:And what about the Brahma people? They must be extra large. Laughing I wonder then about those who have many kinds, like me? What would I be then...Light Brahmas, double Marans Shocked , hoping to get some rumpless Araucana?
Hmmm??? So far, I am double snooty, extra large, hoping to lose some weight and??? Do ducks change anything? We have a couple of kinds of those too...

The reply from the lady..."thanks for the info and yes they know. Its a matter of wording on KIJIJI. lol I will be sure to name them properly just for your satisfaction from now on."

I guess Kijiji has a lot to learn. Razz

Ducks must mean you are a little quackers too!! Lol. Guess I fit in that category also

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Big bottoms, big bottoms, talk about mudflaps, my Cochin's got 'em!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yea that was me saying the marans people are snotty...they are!!! wow you cant even ask a question and they jump down your throat, or post a pic and they diesect your birds with a magnify glass...wow talk about anal....the cornish people are way more friendly there! LMAO

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum