Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feeling a little nauseated and annoyed with some hunters.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am not anti-hunting...in fact just the opposite, but today I am a little annoyed with one hunter that decided to clean out his truck at the Warburg coin wash.

It was a disgusting mess when I pulled my truck in to wash it this afternoon. There were bits of deer all over the concrete floor. Hide, tissue, internal organs and other various pieces of deer had been washed out of a truck and just left there. What would it have taken to ask the owner of the car wash for a plastic bag, to pick up the pieces and haul them away?

Sheesh!

lazyfarmer

Consideration!!!!

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I get that crap dumped down my road all the time. Then my dog gets a whiff, and brings home carcass pieces all day long. Then he wakes me up all night getting sick and having the squirts. I just had the Conservation Guy out here yesterday and we're working on a way to curb idiot hunters from illegally dumping their hides and bones.

Hillbilly wrote: I get that crap dumped down my road all the time. Then my dog gets a whiff, and brings home carcass pieces all day long. Then he wakes me up all night getting sick and having the squirts. I just had the Conservation Guy out here yesterday and we're working on a way to curb idiot hunters from illegally dumping their hides and bones.
.............lets not call them hunters okay ? Hunters respect the land ,the animal and would never dump something along a roadside ! we call them shooters ! We ( me and a few of my true friends ,hunters ,bring our scraps back to the woods where we shot the animal and dispose of them there ,this way the wild animals get something back in return and get feed as well .We see it here as well and if I ever catch one of them ,well they might be eating a hide for there lunch !

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well PD, as much as you think you're doing something good, that is EXACTLY what happens where I live, which is by the way, illegal here. We live down a logging road, so people dump their hides regularly.
I skin mine in the spot, and leave it miles from civilization.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree Hillbilly
The other day the LGD brought a couple Deer Legs and a skin into the yard I wish they would butcher at home not in the fields around the farm area

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, now I am thinking this guy may have actually butchered his deer in the car wash. If he butchered in the bush he would have left all the bits behind.

Hillbilly wrote: Well PD, as much as you think you're doing something good, that is EXACTLY what happens where I live, which is by the way, illegal here. We live down a logging road, so people dump their hides regularly.
I skin mine in the spot, and leave it miles from civilization.
..............actually I hunt about a hour or so from where I live ,it's all crown land .no one lives there ! I don't see what is so different from what I do then from what you discribed as what you do ?? I take my animal home and do what I need to do and then I bring back the parts that I don't use ....back into the bush where I shot the animal !not along some trail or road ! Lets not paint everyone black ?? We have the same sort of Idiots here and if I ever caught one it would be a sorry day for the "" Shooter "" because a hunter doesn't do that ! And we have the same rules here pretaining to the disposile of the remains here as you have there , so what makes what you do any different ?????????

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Most butchers don't dispose of the leftovers. Some will for a charge, but most give them back to you when you pick up your meat. This is where the problem starts. They find the nearest out of the way place to ditch them. I certainly don't mind, even though its against the law to do it this way, I justand yes wish they went further out and not be so lazy.

PD, what I do isn't really any different, BUT it does remove the possibility of the hunter being lazy and finding the nearest logging road and ditching it there.
If you actually drive your leftovers miles from civiliazation, then that's great. Its the guys that get lazy that irk me.
I'm definitely not trying to paint everyone black if that's how I've come across.

And yes Sue, that's always a possibility.

Hillbilly wrote: Most butchers don't dispose of the leftovers. Some will for a charge, but most give them back to you when you pick up your meat. This is where the problem starts. They find the nearest out of the way place to ditch them. I certainly don't mind, even though its against the law to do it this way, I justand yes wish they went further out and not be so lazy.

PD, what I do isn't really any different, BUT it does remove the possibility of the hunter being lazy and finding the nearest logging road and ditching it there.
If you actually drive your leftovers miles from civiliazation, then that's great. Its the guys that get lazy that irk me.
I'm definitely not trying to paint everyone black if that's how I've come across.

And yes Sue, that's always a possibility.
.........just wanted to make it clear that there are some of us out there who care about how the public see's us and who also respect the animal enough to dispose of what we can in a ethical manner and a legal manner .I have burned the hide and bones as well ,but we have some real tough winters here and if the animals can benifit from the scrapes then why wouldn't we give them back so that they have a better chance at survival ?........and in regards to the mess left in the car wash !!I am thinking that maybe someone botched the gutting job and came and used the rinse cycle to wash out the mess left behind ! That's another reason I don't gut in the bush ,don't want the blood bath in the truck box . No worries Hillbilly ,all's good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum