Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farm owners... Safe Respectable Hunter Looking for Hunting Access and permission.

+2
triplejfarms
Jonny Anvil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread or not?

I am looking for hunting access or permission to hunt on safe land.

So with some new changes in life comes a life of going back to the basics, including my diet. I am focusing on eating food in it's primary form. No more processed, no fast food and so on. Venison is on the menu as a source of lean healthy alternative to store bought beef and such. The grass feed is nice, but I want to experiment with wild game and see how that affects if at all my digestive health issues.

This year Dad and I took up hunting for the first time. Dad used to duck hunt with his father back in the 70's but has never gone for big game.

This is my first season ever hunting anything, and I am excited. We have been going up to an area 90km north of Hinton the past few weekends and so far have seen only a few deer. My biggest issue is the lack of ethics by all the road hunters up there. Hard and unsafe really for a guy to set up in the bush with so many hunting from the road out in those parts...
With the season winding down we would like to fill at least one tag, but the opportunity to head as far as we have been in getting less and less each week.

Just looking for a place for Dad and myself only, not bringing anyone else along. We are both safe conscious and ethical new hunters.

The season is almost at an end, as the 2012 seasons winds down Nov 30th. But I am also interested in permission for next year as well.

If you have land here in Alberta, within 200km of Edmonton and would feel safe allowing hunting access for two please feel free to contact myself.
I would be more than happy to share some of the bounty.

Cheers,

Jonathan M Samis

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST ,I TO HAVE A HARD TIME WITH ALL THE ROAD WARRIORS ETC AND I DO HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO GAIN PRIVATE ACCESS .RESPECT IT ,LEARN FROM IT AND YOU SHOULD BE WELL ON YOUR WAY TO BECOMEING SUCCESSSFUL .MAKE UP OR GET A FORM THAT YOU AND THE FARMER SIGNS SO THAT IT IS ALL LEGAL AND ALL ( PERSONAL INFO PHONE /CELL NUMBERS ,WHERE YOU WILL BE HUNTING ,WHO WILL BE WHO WILL BE HUNTING ),IT HELPS WHEN THE C/O'S CHECK YOU OUT ,PLUS THE FARMER OR LAND OWNER WILL HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFO AS WELL ,IT HELPS IN INSUREING THEM THAT YOU MEAN WHAT YOU SAY AND INTEND TO DO ................GOOD LUCK .

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

john you should try to go out to alderflatts good hunting out there!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

4Farm owners... Safe Respectable Hunter Looking for Hunting Access and permission. Empty farm owners Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm

chanta

New Here

Hope you have good luck. Im in northeast Sask,plenty for everyone,Moose,elk,white tails,afew mullies,wild boar,and a minor weasle sticking his head out from under the chickenhouse yesterday.If you are inclined to travel you can replace the guy who was gonna come but no show,Right Prairie Dog???? Just kidding,it sucks when life gets in the way of pleasure!!!! Just WRONG!!!!!! Hope you can make it happen next yearPrairie Dog!

chanta wrote:Hope you have good luck. Im in northeast Sask,plenty for everyone,Moose,elk,white tails,afew mullies,wild boar,and a minor weasle sticking his head out from under the chickenhouse yesterday.If you are inclined to travel you can replace the guy who was gonna come but no show,Right Prairie Dog???? Just kidding,it sucks when life gets in the way of pleasure!!!! Just WRONG!!!!!! Hope you can make it happen next yearPrairie Dog!
....not nice ! I want to so bad ,but as you said .

gamestaff

if you can't find permission land before the end of season, don't forget the crown leases etc. there is lots of great hunting around the edmonton area. lots of crown land too requiring no permission.
best of luck! fill that freezer!

http://www.gamestaffstaffords.ca

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good luck!! I would offer land, but we only have one quarter that has no trees and the majority of it is taken up with our yard and our horses pasture. (they make hunting on our land almost impossible!!!). Also I think we are just a little bit further than your distance.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, west of Drayton Valley is almost all crown land. There are also many chunks of wooded crown land around us. All you need is a county map to point it out to you.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, scroll down for maps of crown land in my county. The crown is green. Just look at it all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum