Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to keep my chicken safe outside

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how to keep my chicken safe outside  Empty how to keep my chicken safe outside Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:22 am

blackie33

New Here

My chicken pippa is sitting on a nest outside I am scared that she will get hurt by other animals at night my dog also goes outside too when she's out she is well hidden and has plucked her feathers out I want her to go and sit on the eggs inside the coop but I am scared she will ignore the eggs and want to go back to her nest she has been out for 3 nights already how do I keep her protected and let her sit on her eggs.or how can I bring the eggs inside is she will sit on them

2how to keep my chicken safe outside  Empty Re: how to keep my chicken safe outside Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

Personally, I've found my 2 hens that set to be very good at dealing with being moved, though I'm not sure what the more experienced around here would say.

IF it were me (and of course, it's not), I'd just move her at night, nest and all. My 2 have yelly, screamy, growly fits and doth protest, however they have set back down after I left them alone all 3 times I've moved them. Prior to building my breeding pens in my coop, I pulled my broody off her nest daily to pull out the extra eggs the ladies had laid on top of her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum