Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fruits..errr Meats of my Labour

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fruits..errr Meats of my Labour Empty Fruits..errr Meats of my Labour Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 pm

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

Hey All! As some of you know we moved to our acreage February of this year! Although looking back now it feels like it has been much, much longer. I am ecstatic to share that last weekend was our first large livestock butcher! Well larger then a chicken. One BIG pig! I have been waiting for this!! I have been quite picky with this guy as he is one of my first. He free ranged all summer and hubby is always teasing that what is in the slop is better then we eat Laughing We ended up with 180 lbs of meat, so pink and nice and lean! Our cutability was above average! Yay!

I must admit I was a bit nervous for this day due to my deworming choices. I used DE and nothing but DE! Nothing chemical in this guy! I wanted to know if the DE really worked as well as some have claimed and what better to test on then a pig. I have kept a close eye all along and there were no indications of worms but... they're pigs! So I was worried that this butcher may have ended in loss but I just had to know!! Well he was clean as a whistle! Woo Hoo! It was great to put all of my second guessing to rest!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum