Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Messinger Meats Mirror AB.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Empty Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:59 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well I took 15 roosters into Mirror on Wed. and had them processed. Really impressed with the service. They charge $4.00 per bird. They are shrink wrapped and very clean.

The front is set up so nice, and very clean. Lots of good deals on meat and sausages.

I would totally recommend this if you are going to get some birds butchered.

2Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Empty Re: Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:10 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That is a great price for the work it is to butcher and process birds.
May look into taking cockerels there in the fall.

3Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Empty Re: Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:21 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, they do a great job of processing chickens at a really reasonable price.
And Messinger Meats is also building up a really solid reputation for offering locally raised meat that is hormone and chemical free. They have regular customers coming from all over central Alberta and Edmonton and Calgary. They make up custom freezer packs of beef, pork, bison and chicken.
So next time you have a few too many roosters around that need to be processed, plan to stock up your freezer with some fresh, good quality meat and sausage while you are at it.

(I was not paid to post this advertisent!!! lol! )

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

4Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Empty Re: Messinger Meats Mirror AB. Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I took my fat chicks there last year. I was very happy with the end product! The only complaint I had was that I didn't get the hearts and gizzards back!!! He said that they didn't have the time to clean and pack them. That kind of upset me as chicken giblet soup is my favourite!!!! Very Happy
Other than that, I was really happy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum