Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Various breeds Vancouver island (delivery to vancouver island and lower mainland)

+2
BriarwoodPoultry
islandgal99
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm very sad. My neighbors have pulled me aside to have a chat about my roosters. I have been keeping them in till past 9 am and they are quiet in the evenings but its not enough so they want the noise to stop. I guess the parties on one side and the 10 dogs on the other are ok...grrrrr. And to add insult to the situation, I will be moving from this acreage in the spring to a farm and have built everything portable so it can come with me.

So I need to find homes for the Roos. Most that I have left are the ones I was going to keep for next springs breeders. I MAY be able work out something to include a hen or two with each roo. If considering them for eating, I'd just as rather eat them if it comes to that.

I have the following:
Welsummer -one mature Whitmore roo and 1 young cockeral
Blue copper marans- three young cockerals, one especially nice
Cuckoo marans - cockeral
Australorp- absolutely stunning big boy cockeral
Americauna- large blue cockeral
Wheaten marans- two young boys

I also have two barnevelder cockerals and a blr Wyandotte young cockeral that if I don't find a way to soundproof a house may have to go also, but I'm gonna fight to keep them.

Prices will be very reasonable for the Roos, pullets and hens will be free to $25 depending on breed and age if I'm able to let some hens go to make a pair or trio.

Please pm or email, we'll see what we can work out.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Is your current acreage within the ALR? If it is they can't say anything about your boys. Hope you can figure something out!

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's not ALR, so although it's a gulf island with many acreages, many feel these are more estate properties and should be more like a city instead of self sustaining properties. I think the biggest grrr is the ten dogs next door which make WAY more noise than the roosters who are in the quietest part of the property. I have two German shepherds and unless you see me walking them you would never know I have dogs cause I don't allow them to bark. So yeah, ten dogs on one side, 20 year old grandson parties on the other side and the crazy "monkey-brains" dude across the road who screams for hours at the top of his lungs when he's had a drinky-poo or two.

Grrrr

So many people here do have flocks of chickens on thier acreages with no problems. So I'm frustrated. Wish I could move now instead of the spring.

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi Islandgal99. Boy, I can't believe that your neighbours are worse than ours. I would love to take your Cuckoo Marans Roo and a couple of hens. I had a beautiful young rooster a year ago but had bear problems. We have since added a seven foot electric fence, 5" screws pointing up and pointing out (good luck to the climbers). I don't kow how we would get them as my husband will not leave the Coast until the bears are asleep and you are across the pond...send them on the water taxi???????

I was reading your plight to my husband and he asked me to ask you if you have the roos in an insulated coop? We just insulated ours and you can barely hear them...or are these complaints during the day when the roos are out? If so tell these people to get a job. How rude! Legally I don't think that they have a leg to stand on until 11:00 pm, unless the laws are different there.

Who the heck has 10 dogs anyway?

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cuckoo mama...I would be happy to deliver the cuckoos to you if you like...I love Gibsons and Roberts Creek and have been looking for an excuse to go there. The pullets are at point of lay and I expect eggs any day. The cockeral was definitely the nicest of the bunch and I had definitely planned to keep him.

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

The dog thing is everywhere. Never understood how someone can let their dog howl at all hours and yet will complain about their neighbours chickens for being too noisy. If you asked them to get rid of their dog they would be up in arms and ready for a fight too.

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Islandgal99. I PM'd you.

8Various breeds Vancouver island (delivery to vancouver island and lower mainland) Empty blue copper rooster Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 pm

dwaneroberge

New Here

Hello
i've been having trouble sending anything so i'll just try this again.
my email is dwaneroberge@yahoo.ca
if you get this pics would be great.
dwane

RavenWood

RavenWood

islandgal99 wrote:I have the following:
Welsummer -one mature Whitmore roo and 1 young cockeral
I also have two barnevelder cockerals ...

Prices will be very reasonable for the Roos, pullets and hens will be free to $25 depending on breed and age if I'm able to let some hens go to make a pair or trio.

Please pm or email, we'll see what we can work out.

I'm interested in your mature Welsummer roo and possible a couple pullets/hens and possibly one of your barnevelder cockerels and if you have pullets/hens of these. I have someone travelling from the island that may be able to transport April 7. Please let me know what price you are asking for the roos et al.

https://www.facebook.com/RavenwoodAcresHeritagePoultry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum