Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HALLOWEEN!!!

+9
Jonny Anvil
Ruffledfeathers
Fowler
SerJay
HigginsRAT
cbrookkelly
Hidden River
mirycreek
Schipperkesue
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, are you dressing up? Going to a party? Handing out candy? Making caramel apples? What nefarious deeds are you up to today?

I am at school dressed as the Bad Tooth Fairy. We will be carving pumpkins this morning.

2HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

And you arent giving us a picture of yourself?
We carved pumpkins last night, sent everyoneoff in some sort of costume...

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:14 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will have to take a picture and post it!

We started watching 'The Thing' last night and will finish tonight.

4HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

The kids here had to take their costumes to school, they get dressed up after lunch and have a Costume parade at the school, then party all afternoon. Not sure why they cant wear them all day, so now I have to go to town and get the little one dressed and her face done up nice.
Then back in tonight to trick or treat with them.
Here are their pictures from the Mascarade Ball last Friday.
I have one Sweet little Rapunzel and 1 Pretty little witch. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Your Girls look great!

We will be taking Albert into town to visit a few houses. He will dress as a fade in fade out grim reaper (his head gear has eyes that fade on and off a glowing read.) Alan is pouting because he has to work 5-9 tonight but I rather him be at work than hanging with friends on this night, so that makes me feel better Very Happy . He did go to school dressed as Mario and will work in his costume because the store has a costume contest going on all day.

Me: I will be wearing my rain gear and a large umbrella. Guess that is better than a snowsuit though.

6HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Adorable Jaime!

Here I am!

7HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice outfits girls!
Sue you look like this role was made for you! Love the fencing pliers! Arnt you going to scare all the kids? Very Happy

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

8HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:Nice outfits girls!
Sue you look like this role was made for you! Love the fencing pliers! Arnt you going to scare all the kids? Very Happy

Here is my plan. I am the bad tooth fairy. If the children eat too much candy and rot their teeth I will come and yank them out. They should give their candy to me to avoid this painful fate. There will be a whole lot of scaring going on!

9HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

10HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:30 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Since we've had nothing but snow since last Thursday the kids went to school with costumes in their back packs and tonight those costumes will be strrrrretched over their snow suits as they trod through the snow filled streets and driveways. I didn't even get the house all decorated this year because it just doesn't feel like Halloween santa
Oh cbrookkelly my eldest son will be wearing the same costume it was his first "scary" costume and got it last year but so proud of it he's wearing it again this year Very Happy

11HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

No costume aside from my normal scary self. Taking the youngest out later. Have rain ponchos ready just in case.

Watched "Wallis and Gromit; Curse of the Were-Rabbit" last night.

12HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Love your costume Sue!
I couldnt believe all the teachers that were dressed up today, was so nice to see. Some very creative ones and some that you could tell they threw together this morning. Smile
Temperature is dropping and wind is picking up here now, so could be a quick night of trick or treating, with mom in the truck and girls going door to door. Burr

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

13HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

My students' work today!

The second one was literally hacked open with a claw hammer.

14HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awesome costumes ladies.

Sue I love it.

I have a Prince of Darkness and a Transformer. We might not make it out with our weather though ..... so well have to see how the rest of our day goes.

15HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Halloween is hands down my favourite day and holiday.

I stopped trick or treating at age ummm.. Shocked . I guess I haven't ever stopped...... just so much fun I keep going out and every year I get a bit of candy, Very Happy But it's more of the fun of scaring people or showing off my costumes and roaming around the neighbourhood checking out all the efforts of other people.

. I technically stopped at age 18, but age 19 I got dressed up and did a halloween display outside the house. LOL I would get all dressed up in a costume sit and scare people.... later on I would go visit neighbours and family in the area. Often people would call me to the door, as I was walking by just to see my costume or to take a picture or such and they would give me candy. I stopped carrying a treat bag at age 22.. lol

For the record I Always put a bowl of candy out for the trick or treaters that come by our way. It's not right to not if I am out there....

At age 25 I got the honour of now taking my Niece and Nephew out trick or treating, and it has become our new tradition. Uncle Jon brings over pumpkins, we carve them have a bite to eat then we head out for two hours then come home and go through the candy.

To some people this may be weird, some just don't get it but I LOVE halloween, I'd rather go door to door, checking out costumes and halloween displays then sitting at a bar somewhere or at home... I will often bring over a bunch of candy for my sister to hand to the trick or treaters as of late cause we get NONE at the acreage...... She hands it out while I take her kids out. This year I got over 150 mini chocolate Hershey bars for her to hand out.

Looking at the time, I better get going...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

16HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Well I didn't technically trick or treat myself, but once again people handed out candy to me... I said no to one lady and she wouldn't take that as an answer.
It was a chilly night, not a whole lot of kids out in the area we were in, but still some great costumes...

Though I would share some pics!

Helping my niece Emily with carving her pumpkin.

My Costume this year... Jason Vorhees.

Ready to go Trick or treating

17HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, I love Halloween too, especially the dressing up part. I think we both are destined to be eternal kids.

18HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks to all of you for the great posts. Our phone rang at 7:30 this morning with both of us sound asleep. We both seem to sleep for a few hours and then are awake for several hours. On the phone was our son inviting us next door to see the gkids getting dressed up for a day at school- a pirate, a vampire and a bank robber. The day ended with a community event (fireworks) at the ball parks.

Hallowe'en brings back memories of pizza, cookie decorating and pumpkin carving in my own classrooms.

19HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a hoot looking at all these great pics! Good to know we have so many good sports among us!

Me I stayed home and as always, not one trick or treater. Well then, I guess all that candy is mine...

20HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well then, I guess all that candy is mine...

We never get any trick or treaters here. I keep telling my wife we need to have a large stock on hand in case someone chances this way, but somehow my suggestion falls on deaf ears.

21HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We don't get trick or treaters either. I think we might be that house that kids dare each other to approach, but never do...

22HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

At the acreage we get no one at all... never have.

That's why I bring candy to my sister's place for her to hand out while I take the kids out door to door.

When we got back she said there was only 20-30 or so she never counted. While me and the munchkins were splitting up the candy. A trick or treater came to the door. I opened it up and dumped half the bowl into his sack.. he Flipped... "REALLY oh wow thanks mister!" and ran down to go show his Mom, screaming "Mom Mom.... look how much I got from that man... he dumped the bowl in.. WOW." He then turned around and yelled THANK YOU!
Made my night!

Here is a pic my sister took when we got back and dumped the kids Candy out on the floor.. We were all tuckered out... The good thing is the only both got one piece of candy and that was it for the night. The rest is dished out as rewards for good behaviour. I took a few bags of chips and all the suspicious looking candies... Twisted Evil and by suspicious I mean delicious. Twisted Evil

It's fun staying youthful!

23HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've had a total of ONE trick or treater in 12 years. We head into town for trick or treating.

Oldest child was Belle (Beauty & the Beast) this year in her homemade dress (she's bigger than most kids her age, so I have to make her age-appropriate costumes every year), and the baby was a tiny farmerette. Oldest trick or treated for over an hour, even in the nasty weather! She is a trooper!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

24HALLOWEEN!!!   Empty Re: HALLOWEEN!!! Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:22 pm

calliope

calliope

So, Sue, I thought you were going to post pix of you in your costume, not everyday attire. LOL JUST KIDDING! Very impressive outfit!

Looks like a lot of people had a great time and really enjoyed themselves, way to go!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum