Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Kindness Game! Pass it on!

+13
coopslave
Fowler
CynthiaM
Swamp Hen
Arcticsun
calliope
rosewood
Hidden River
appway
Susan
Island Girl
loushrop
Schipperkesue
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here is how you play. Tell why you like, admire or think highly of another WCPS member. If someone likes you, then if you want, you can take a little time and think of ANOTHER member, not the one who mentioned you, and tell us why you like, admire or think highly of that other member.

No obligations here. Some people may be too shy to hand out compliments and that is fair. Also, make sure what you say does not betray any confidences or secrets. That would certainly NOT be very nice.

Who is in?

I will start. I would like to recognise Loushrop. She remembered a request that Appway had for an oxygen supply and managed to get one to him. What an amazing connection! Loushrop, I think you are my hero this month!

2The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:23 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you Sue. I was just glad to be able to help. One of the people I admire is Hidden River. She goes above and beyond helping many people to acquire poultry they would normally not be able to. Lou

3The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I'm in Sue, I admire HigginsRAT who doesn't know me from Adam and yet takes precious time to help me work through breeding questions!

Can we offer up more that one name? Or is this a chain thingy where the next person to answer should have been Hidden River not me?

XOX Monika

4The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have always believed the more kindness the merrier. Better a net of happiness than a chain!

5The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Works for me too Very Happy

May I also recognize Katt who made it possible for me to easily acquire my latest additions to my flock. She went out of her way for a mainland pick up/ chook sitting service and delivery for me. Many thanks Katt!

XOX Monika

6The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I admire coopslave. She is often a voice of reason.

7The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is a hard one as there are many
First I admire Lou as she has made my life whole again I can do things I have not been able to do in a long time If god sends an angel he has sent one to me named Lou

2nd I will say Sue as her Post always bring a smile to my face and make each day enjoyable

3rd is Prairie Chick she has been a real help and booster in the Poultry.

I will list more later just dont want to be on the proxy server to long
Thst is why I did 3

8The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

There are a few people I admire on this site and in person.
First CBrookkelly, she is not on here alot but she was very generous to a stranger (me) many years ago when I found out 3 days prior to my chicks being shipped they would not ship to my Montana PO, so she went above and beyond, drove to Idaho to get a strangers chicks, brooded them for a week then drove to meet me half way to deliver them to me. Our friendship has blossomed since then and she is truely a very wonderful lady.
The second is Miry, although I was first her supplier of poultry she is now someone I look to for advise on confirmation choices in my flocks. She has a way to boost one's spirit and has become a great friend.
The third is Chickeesmom, she is a very giving, caring lady, a great friend, and my girls adore her. She has gone above and beyond many times for my family and we really cherish our friendship with her.

There are many more on here that I do not know really well, but to read some of their posts always brings a smile to my face. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

9The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heda Gobble has always gone above and beyond for us and has been there several times when we needed advice. She is the person who let me know about the forums.

I enjoy Uno's though provoking posts usually when the evening needs a bit of a lift. I miss Silkie's wonderful pictures and hope she makes it back here again.

10The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm

calliope

calliope

There are so many! Here's three from me:

CynthiaM spreads her light throughout the forum to both new and not-so-new members alike. I find her posts uplifting and helpful I love you

Rosewood has been a great help to me, especially when first starting out with my new incubator a few years ago cheers

And good ol' Schipperkesue, love the pearls of wisdom she so succinctly imparts, and always willing to share experiences and advice queen

11The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

How timely for the thanks giving season too!

Chickenteam, for making me really smile this morning. She is so generous with her time and tallents, it has really made my day.
Jonny Anvil for being there when I need him, for always being positive.
Schip for being there and inspiring me.

12The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 am

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

I think I could go through the entire membership, but the chores are still waiting!

I admire Ty, of Ty's exotics, for his heritage breeeds hatchery project. Its a big undertaking, but will hopefully give even more people access to these wonderfull birds!

And I'll just give a general thank you to all members, this is a great little forum, and you all make chicken keeping a little bit easier!

13The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is a difficult thing to do. There are so many people that have gone that extra mile for me. To name them all would be so difficult, so I will go with who really went an extra mile a long time ago. If I would go for recent, someone who has helped me recently, then I would mention another. But I am going with age related, long ago related.

This was Shipperkesue and CathyJK to get five little bowling ball sized baby blue cochins from Sue's home in Alberta to get these youngsters to me in B.C. This was last fall, 2011, the youngster cochins were taken from Sue's place to Edmonton to a show, CathyJK picked them up, (she lives north of Cranbrook) kept the babies at her home overnight in the back of her pickup that has a canopy and let them play all night. Drove the babies up northward for hours to meet me in Revelstoke and then I took them home. This was an act of kindness of two people -- in concert with one another -- so I must thank two people at the same time. The list of others that have helped me over time goes on and on and on...my hats off to the human friends we all have an so enjoy. Beautiful day wishes for us all. CynthiaM.

14The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes CathyJK has gone above and beyond in chick transport for me as well, she is a wonderful woman and so giving.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

15The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, here I go with my long windedness. Thinking of so many people that have helped me so much on the forum, in so many different ways. But again, there is another person that has helped me out, so much, that it is even hard to define how much. That person that comes to my mind is HigginsRAT. This gal has nearly wrote books answering questions I have had about different things, mostly to do with genetics, with how to improve my birdlines. She has literally spent hours and hours, putting pictures into her responses to my questions and my statements. The woman is a walking powerhouse of knowledge, with an ability to impart information in most simplistic forms. An example would be all the little children plush "toys", lego pieces and parts, to show how some genetic things work. And an ability to impart information in the most unsimplistic forms (is there such a word), as in when she actually types out all the symbols and such for Punnett squares. The mountains of time this gal has spent to help me, and so many others out, with her understanding of genetics, is staggaring. My hat off to you Tara. Remember, there are others, but there are three individuals that have really stood out in the forefront of my mind. Have that awesome day, CynthiaM.

16The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Too many to list and I'm not going to try because I'm sure I'll leave someone out. The entire board is an excellent place to gather information and debate various issues. Lots of humour and occasional pics into people's goings on (which leads to ideas on what I should do myself).

17The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:38 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan wrote:I admire coopslave. She is often a voice of reason.

Thank you Susan Embarassed I think hubby would disagree with you on that sometimes. Very Happy

Thanks Tara for the long, thorough and informative posts she does. Also thank you for the well timed, kind personal messages that often brighten a dark day for me.

Thank you CynthiaM for the always kind, sincere posts and the B&B service you offered to the Javas.

Thanks Uno for the interesting views, always beautifully written, that open my mind and often touch my heart.

Thanks Jonny for the long chicken run that was taken to deliver my coops and return some birds to AB.

Thank you ChicoryFarms for believing in our dogs and giving one a great home.

I would also like to thank all the others I have had contact with for tolerating......I mean listening to me go on about my chooks, endlessly sometimes, and likeing them as much as I do. Very Happy

I feel like what this is an acceptance speak and I am leaving someone, or many out! Laughing Is this where I say, you know who you are and thank you. Wink

18The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

To pick just a few has been very difficult. I think it's the unique blend of all the voices that keeps me checking in several times a day (get a life, Uno!). Once I thought I belonged somewhere else and it was hard when that went wrong. Or I went wrong. BUt the appearance of some old, familiar names is what gives a structure and solidity, a continuity that makes this site familiar and safe for me.

Rosewood, Fowler, Arctic, SoSharpSue, Blackdove, CYnthiaM, FarmChiq, on and on it goes. I hope you who were not listed (because my brain is not good on long term projects)know that your familiar name and the distinct sound of your words and thoughts make this place as comfortable as a welcoming living room with comfy chairs where I can put my feet up and relax. TO pick out one is beyond my ability. To encompass and embrace EACH ONE of you, for what you bring and what you add, that I can do and to each person who bothers to post, I say thank you, bless you, I appreciate you.

19The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hidden River....our families have become very good friends over the last few years and I am grateful for all of her help and friendship. She was there holding my "hand" last summer when my world nearly fell apart and is still there when I need her. Always willing and able to help with transport, finding something "needed", advise, expertise, ....I don't think Jayme sleeps!

CathyJK...Cathy is always there for anyone needing a hand. She has delivered fresh goats milk and cow's milk when I had bottle babes...she lives 75km asway from me too! I do not know how she manages! Thank you Cathy, you too have become a dear friend.

Boothcreek...We have become fast friends many years ago when I bought my first chickens from her after moving to Cranbrook. Anna can answer just about any genetic, confirmation, behavior question on just about any animal or bird, domestic and wild. She truly is a "human wikkipedia" when it comes to animals. My Kids love her like a big sister.

There are sooo many more that I have met in person and on line. Too many to list Very Happy

20The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Thank you to those whom have mentioned me. I am glad to hear that I have made a positive impact!

There are way to many to name, but I will start with the two that mean the most to me and have a very special place in my heart.

Jean (makwaseni) Reminds me of my Grannie, who passed years ago. Jean has always had a special place n my heart, her kindness and compassion towards others is amazing.

Viv (ChickiesMom) Viv reminds me of my Nana, loving sweet yet wont take any crap. Every time I see her, she just lights right up and is so cheery and joyful. Viv has resparked my passion for gardening, she gave me some amazing tomatoes and marigolds one year. I have never seen such bounty come from such little plants.

Both these ladies have many other numerous qualities about them, but I don't want to go on for ever.

21The Kindness Game!  Pass it on! Empty Re: The Kindness Game! Pass it on! Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 am

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

I would like to thank everyone here, although I have not met any of you in person I really enjoy reading and learning, you all brighten my days!!

I am very VERY thankful to Smokyriver and Chickadee! You two are AWESOME! In May we found out we had to move from our acreage and were not having any luck finding a new one. We had moved north only six months prior to this and I had made very few connections in our area. These two wonderful gals went above and beyond to help a stranger locate a new place! Word of mouth is a wonderful thing. THANK YOU Smile from the bottom of my heart!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum