Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hidden River, Appway needs help!

+8
gubi
coopslave
jon.w
Jonny Anvil
uno
toybarons
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

He just sent me a message saying he can't get on to this site. Could you help him out please? (Or is Appway a she?)

2Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Appyway is a he and I have no idea how to help him.
A few members have emailed me unable to get on the site, but nobody has emailed back to tell me what the issues were? One has since been able to log in from home, was only able to log in from the library, so not sure if it is personal computer issues or maybe internet launchers?
If anyone else has any ideas I would be interested in hearing about them.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

The unfortunate thing here is if you are having problems you can't log on to ask about how to fix them!

I sent Appway a message asking for more info.

4Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Most people on the site know my email, or know my website and that is how they are contacting me. But if they never email back telling me what errors come up then I can't help either...

5Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here is what Appway says his computer says:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find wcps.canadian-forum.com
Suggestions:
Go to forumotion.­ca
Search on Google:

I even dowloaded firefox and a hour later this is what it says

Firefox can't find the server at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Oh well I will try my other computer and see what happens
I know yard bird cant open either and gubi cant open

6Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sometimes when a browser cannot find a website, the easiest solution is to simply do a search. In this case, do a search for Western Canada Poultry Swap. The first return in a search usually has the most recent url address. Click on it and it should bring you to the site.

I have had the experience many times where a url comes back 401 for whatever reason. Usually doing a search fixes the problem unless it is a firewall issue.

7Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was having trouble a while back. Got new computer. Will NOT be fooling around with Google Chrome again! IT seemed to make things worse.

Also found that my 'delete history on exit' seemed to remove cookies or files or something important that helped me log back on. I ended up restoring my computer to an earlier time to fix the problem.

Sorry I can't be more help, but even just now I had a tough time logging on...it keeps logging me out, which I do not do myself, but it somehow keeps happening anyway.

8Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Anvil is also having trouble getting on.

9Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:22 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny is trying to get this figured out for me.
Here is what he said on FB:
Hey everyone, So according to reports forumation.com is having loading issues world wide. Admins and forum users have been reporting loading issues over the past few days. The problem was first being reported thursday with a few forums in the US under Forumotion.com were not loading saying the server could not be found. Looks as if the issue has now become a problem across the entire Forumotion Server affecting any and all forums under the host server. The issue has no relation to any one individuals PC or Computer, or internet service provider.... It's not known if this is a server crash or if it's maintenance. I can't find any more information. Jayme if you want to or can, perhaps inform members via email that the forum host server is down. Thanks

10Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, now is the time. If someone wants to say something outrageous that Appway or Jonny cannot respond to, now is your chance!

Go for it!

11Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:So, now is the time. If someone wants to say something outrageous that Appway or Jonny cannot respond to, now is your chance!

Go for it!

Hey now there is always a loop hole... For some reason I can get access by logging in with Karrie's iPhone.

But won't be on long as it is movie night.. Feel free to poke!

12Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:So, now is the time. If someone wants to say something outrageous that Appway or Jonny cannot respond to, now is your chance!

Go for it!

Hey now there is always a loop hole... For some reason I can get access by logging in with Karrie's iPhone.

But won't be on long as it is movie night.. Feel free to poke!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

So the issue looks like it started off as site maintenance, but has led to issues. The loading issues are not just limited to forumotion but also hitskin.com and a few other sites related or branched off the forumotion family corp.

Not much details are available, like mentioned I have acces via the Fido network on karries cell but that's it. Typeing on an iPhone is never fun also I have to stand out near the garden to get service.
There are ways around this like getting into proxy servers and such but I suggest just to wait it out. Sounds like they have their "Techs" working on it.

I am hoping that this will get resolved soon.

So this is nothing that Jayme (Hidden) can assist with.

Now some people obviously can gain access perhaps it's an ISP issue.???
But like I mentioned and Jayme shared this is not limited to Wcps but sites world wide, and only certain users.

If is not fixed by Wednesday I am setting up a tent in the garden and chilling on the forums all day....

Lol

If you really need to get a hold of me email is the best.

Cheers,

Jon

14Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I all ready posted this problem but it mite be the the site is sending out bots that are harmless but your computer may recognize it as a threat then your fire wall will black it all to gather or not recognize it as a site. My fire wall did an up date and know I can get on. Very Happy

Last edited by jon.w on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total

15Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

This must be why it has been so quiet here lately. Not much happening cause people can't get on.

16Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have noticed that I get randomly logged out. I do not log out. BUt when I go back to the site, I have to log in. Other times I don't. Don't know if this is a site problem or computer thing. Weird.

17Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

It happens to me occationally too. I find it more if I go on the site from my phone then come back on to the computer I have to re log in. Just a safety thing I guess.

Does anyone know the people that cannot get on? I have heard from 4 so far.

18Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

So here is the scoop.

Forumotion.com the host server for WCPS. Recently did some maintenance and updates to it\\\\\\\'s servers. Included in this was a DNS change that caused this issue.

This is taken from their site...

For the members who are still facing the problem :

I repeat that A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored (since more than 24 hours yet).

So, if you still can\\\'t access the service, it\\\'s because of a cache system.

Please try the following operation :

- Clear your cache and cookies
- Close your browser
- Reboot your modem

Some ISP are keeping the wrong DNS in their cache system. So please contact them to ask for a cache clearing if you still can\\\'t access the service.

Thanks a lot for your understanding !

Some ISP are keeping the wrong DNS in their cache system. So please contact them to ask for a cache clearing if you still can\\\'t access the service.

This is exactly the issue... ISP (Internet Service Providers) such as the one I use which is Syban.net have not yet updated their cache system.
I called my ISP, Syban.net..... to inquire and It was confirmed that there has been a change in the DNS server from Forumotion.com\\\'s servers.
Independent Internet Service providers such as syban and other smaller companies, cache systems have not yet refreshed/restored therefore they are not recognizing the updates. Thus acting as if the server is \\\"invisible\\\"

Long story short... Syban has yet to \\\"update\\\" and clear their cache systems so I have logged on using a free proxy server, thus bypassing syban\\\'s not yet updated cache and using a 3rd party to gain access.

So in the long run, after much deliberation I broke down and went the ways of the proxy to gain access to the site. But I will be limiting my time online while using the proxy method.

Cheers!

19Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:50 pm

gubi

I have been locked out since the 11th. I went in the way Jonny explained on facebook.

20Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

gubi wrote:I have been locked out since the 11th. I went in the way Jonny explained on facebook.

Works for the most part but not as good as getting back the original access.

Come on syban... update already.. lol

21Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Jonny

Hope they fix it fast but this will do

Thank You Much

And thanks all that have tried to help and thanks sue

22Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

No problem...

glad that others are finding this trick useful.

23Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:33 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Jonny I forgot there is a Lady that just joined on ace that is looking for Buff Sussex you were the only one I can think of
I told her you had them if I remember correctly
Let me know and I can letr her know for sure she/he is in Quebec I believe looking for eggs of them also

24Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yea! Appway, you are back. Did you follow the path of crumbs from the gingerbread house? Did you save me any gingerbread?

25Hidden River, Appway needs help! Empty Re: Hidden River, Appway needs help! Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OMG Thans Appway and Jonny Anvil. I feel like I\'ve been gone forever. I was able to get on through Appyways instructions. I feel like was gone for a month. I was missing everyone. Lou

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum