Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farm match

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Farm match Empty Farm match Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:13 am

Found this site, looks like I'm the very first Canadian! Very Happy

Anyway, I thought it was a good idea -- maybe some of you would be interested in it. I'm somewhat hesitant with it on the 'farm' front though -- paranoid it could be some whole food tracking system for the wrong purposes. But I'm a little crazy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Farm match Empty Re: Farm match Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:59 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't think they wouldn't.

I once had a short government contract job where I was sent around to collect samples from different farms (bacterial swabs mostly). I wondered about how some of these farms had backyard flocks and asked, if they found one of the bad bugs, wouldn't those flocks be destroyed?

They suggested, "Maybe you shouldn't mention that to them."

They were basically using this work as a pretense to, sneakily, screen places they wouldn't normally get to including areas around backyard flocks.

3Farm match Empty Re: Farm match Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:28 am

the site looks helpful in nature but nothing is for free on the web, what is their motive? and then what is their REAL motive?? I signed up just to see and my computer went into a tailspin: google chrome wouldnt load, email wouldnt function, I had to restore my computer. I dont know enough to make any judgements but I wont be using the site for sure now.

4Farm match Empty Farm Watch Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 am

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hmmmm. Had a look. I have the program, Kaspersky and it lets me know which sites are suspect. Seems ok (no virus) but I wonder about sites like that. Maybe I am a bit paranoid, but why is it when you buy a bag of feed at the feed store you have to give them your information? Why does the government require it?

5Farm match Empty Re: Farm match Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:17 am

They track all the commercial feed now so they know exactly who got contaminated feed. Then they can act to put things ?right? or should I say deal with the wrong. No, you cant even buy a block of salt without giving up your info and creating an account with the merchant.

6Farm match Empty Re: Farm match Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:42 am

I have a friend who aspires to be a hacker and tells me all the programs for internet security are pretty much useless. You should have them but dont think they stop anyone with a little bit of savvy. Im told that with the Backtrack 5 operating system its fairly easy to go into most computers without the person being aware of anything going on. I phones, android, they can be hacked into so easily im told, with just a couple pieces of personal info the phone can be turned on/off, cameras turned on and you can actually ride along in the persons hand watching and listening to everything. Think:do you still want your phone and computers in your private personal spaces? Im not paranoid about much of anything anymore, cloak and dagger smoke and mirrors are all old news in my world. Things my friends and I kept well secret started becoming known far too fast to those who should know nothing. WE even went as far as bringing in radio transmitter detectors only to find our fears were entirely true, things like an innocent looking C cell battery tossed under a couch were actually filled with transmitters. I could go on rambling but Ill just bore you all with this kind of real life BS.
I can definitely see why a site like this would be a virtual gold mine of information no matter what your motives are.

7Farm match Empty Re: Farm match Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think I am more paranoid than all of you. As soon as I even see the words "sign up" I am outa there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum