Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi

I have decides to sell some of my Sebrights. I had not planned on selling any until the November show but my plans have changed. I have decide to bring some birds in from Ontario and need to finance them. My wife and I have an agreement, my birds are a hobby, they have to finance their self and take no money from the budget. So to buy something new I need to sell something.

The following birds are on a first paid gets them basis. All of them are hatched from birds I will be showing at the November show in Red Deer.

I have 4 pairs of 8 to 9 week old Golden Sebrights for $40 a pair. Out of the oldest 16 I can sex there are 7 hen and 9 roos. They are all from the 3 hens and roo I will show in Red Deer. Not from hatchery birds. They are $40 a pair right now which is $10 off the regular priced I would be charging in November. I might be able to make 1 trio for $70.

I also have 4 Chamois Sebright hens hatched in 2011. They are sisters to the two I will be showing in November. No roos right now, but I have 20 chicks so I should be able to supply a roo later to anyone who buys them. They are $20 each.

I have two pairs of Chamois x Silver Sebrights crossed birds, hatched in 2011. I did the crossed to get a much better comb for my Chamois. I used the 2 roos on my Chamois hens this year, and every one of the 20chick has came out looking Chamois so far. If they are bred together you should get 25% Chamois, 25% Silver, and 50% Crossed colour birds. Both roos were fertile. They are $30 q pair. The roos could be used to breed back to the pure Chamois hens above to produce Chamois chicks.

If you are interested please email me to arrange for payment. I accept bank e-transfer, Paypal, or certified checks. Once again, first paid gets the birds. , I can deliver them to the Innisfail Auction on Thanksgiving weakend.

Here are some pictures of my breeders.

The following 2 pictures are of my Golden roo and 2 hens. His third hen is busy setting right now. I hope to show him and all 3 of his girls at the November show.

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020897

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020898

I have been working on my Chamois Sebrights for 5 years now. The first ones I started with were hatchery birds from the US.They were almost three times larger then the ones I have now.

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020872

I have got the size down to almost as small as my other Sebrights but the combs on the roos were no good. So last year I crossed a Silver Sebright roo with a Chamois hen. You can see the roo which resulted from the cross in this picture. I then bred the young crossed roo back to the pure Chamois hens. So far all chicks look like they will be pure Chamois.

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020876

Here is a picture of my pen of four week old Sebrights. There is also a Black rosecomb chick with them.

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020905

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020904

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

2Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois Empty Sebrights Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

olesoftie

Hi Do you have a silver rooster for sale?

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

olesoftie wrote:Hi Do you have a silver rooster for sale?

Hi

I have 3 young ones for sale. Plan to take them to the Red Deer Show in November 23-25. $15 each.

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Forgot. Will also have several young Golden Roos there for sale at $15 each. All from the birds I am planning on showing there.

5Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois Empty roo Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

n.a.

New Here

Hi perry, do you know of anyone who might have a penciled wynedotte roo?

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Perryschofield wrote:

Forgot. Will also have several young Golden Roos there for sale at $15 each. All from the birds I am planning on showing there.

Hi

I have three young ones but they were late hatched in September. US bloodline in them. Duane Kary use to have some but I think he told me he sold all them. Vicky Coleman by Spruce View may have some.

Perry

tsamis

tsamis

Perryschofield wrote:
I have got the size down to almost as small as my other Sebrights but the combs on the roos were no good. So last year I crossed a Silver Sebright roo with a Chamois hen. You can see the roo which resulted from the cross in this picture. I then bred the young crossed roo back to the pure Chamois hens. So far all chicks look like they will be pure Chamois.

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020876

Here is a picture of my pen of four week old Sebrights. There is also a Black rosecomb chick with them.

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020905

Seabright Sale - Golden, Chamois. Silver x Chamois P1020904

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Perry

Mr Perryschofield,

I like what I see with what you have done with the Chamois here.
But that little Seabright with the attitude in the last 2 photos, is Money!
Like him !
What a nice burd. Smile

Tim.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum