Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babies and more babies

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Babies and more babies Empty Babies and more babies Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I sure hope these animals know what they are doing and that we have a nice mild fall.
In the last 2 weeks we have had 3 sets of turkeys born, one mom has now lost her 5 but we have one in a coop with 3 bourbon red babies, another bourbon red running free with her two. Then a couple days ago I find a welsh harlequin duck with her brood of 8 babies (of course they could be any breed or any mix of breeds since everyone is running free now). And then yesterday my muscovy hen comes off with 12 ducklings... We still have 1 turkey unaccounted for so probably on a nest, 1 turkey nesting in one of our travel crates in the tack shed, and another muscovy trying to set.

Then yesterday moving bales we found momma kitty's babies, she had them while we were in Cranbrook so they are about 2 weeks old now, eyes open and cute as can be. Luck for momma she had them tucked under a straw bale which we never had to move out of the bale yard, so all is well and they are getting a lot of kids attentions now.

So here is hoping for a mild fall till everyone is feathered out and strong enough for a cold spell.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Babies and more babies Empty Re: Babies and more babies Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Sultan

Sultan

congarts

3Babies and more babies Empty Re: Babies and more babies Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:01 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

ohhh! Kittens....looks like we might have lost Dodgers. He has been missing for 36 hours now. We heard a nasty kerfuffle early yesterday am. I am afraid he is gone now. Maybe yours will be ready to go in about a month Hidden. I may need 2......oh and muscovie babies! I def need several of those. Looks like we need to make a trip Wink

Found Dodgers late last might....up about 45feet in neighbors tree. Dogs treed him. He came down early this am. Another life used. Won't need kittens so don't show tbem to me lol!

Last edited by cbrookkelly on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found Dodgers!)

4Babies and more babies Empty Re: Babies and more babies Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 pm

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

I love unexpected surprises! There seems to be late babies popping up everywhere. We have had a nice little surprise here too!

One of my girls went missing last week and I was quite upset as we had some issues with our dogs eating chickens awhile back Evil or Very Mad I thought they had gotten her. Yesterday she was at the coop when I came out!! Woo hoo! I watched her slip through a crack in the barn door and sure enough she is on 13 eggs Laughing

5Babies and more babies Empty Re: Babies and more babies Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

cbrookkelly wrote:ohhh! Kittens....looks like we might have lost Dodgers. He has been missing for 36 hours now. We heard a nasty kerfuffle early yesterday am. I am afraid he is gone now. Maybe yours will be ready to go in about a month Hidden. I may need 2......oh and muscovie babies! I def need several of those. Looks like we need to make a trip Wink

Found Dodgers late last might....up about 45feet in neighbors tree. Dogs treed him. He came down early this am. Another life used. Won't need kittens so don't show tbem to me lol!

Well glad Dodge is ok, he is such a sweet boy, just the luck of outside cats I guess. Amy's cat Lexi is always getting beat up, but we nurse her back to health and she hangs out in their play house, then something goes after her again. Hopefully Dodge will stay safe for you now.

Any muscovy babies yes come on out! We have 12 now, but with this fox or coyote coming in lately not sure if I will leave them with mom or put them in a brooder, will have to see...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6Babies and more babies Empty Re: Babies and more babies Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh grab those babies up....I will come out to get them. I would love 8 of them. Sent you an email cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum