Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

But he's so Pretty!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1But he's so Pretty! Empty But he's so Pretty! Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 am

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

So I have this rooster, and I'm really in love with his colour, he's just a little on the small side. Bantam small actually, lol. King James the Tiney, is a Red Pyle OEG. I'm just currious, has anyone ever tried breeding an OEG up to standard chicken size? What kind of colour would make the best cross with him to retain his colouring in the offspring? I'll likely never get around to actually following through on this, but I'm interested in opinions just the same.

But he's so Pretty! Th_DSC_0329

2But he's so Pretty! Empty Re: But he's so Pretty! Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

ooo I have/had (lost one) two just like him. I love them! Theya re such a prtty little chicken. I ahve had mine for 3 years now just running loose about the place.
Keep him!

3But he's so Pretty! Empty Re: But he's so Pretty! Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:42 pm

chickadee

chickadee

He is good looking! I like him.

4But he's so Pretty! Empty Re: But he's so Pretty! Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Thanks guys, for a 'Roo he's got a pretty good personality. Thinking I might try crossing him on my 'rescued' Leghorns, their the only white thing I've got, and I've seen him catch them a time or two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum