Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incubating Store Bought Eggs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Incubating Store Bought Eggs Empty Incubating Store Bought Eggs Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:32 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was in the grocery store the other day and for the first time in years bought a dozen eggs. (I"m ashamed to say I bought the cheap white ones this time, but never again.) I was eyeballing the free run organic eggs, and it had me wondering how this springs experiment went with people hatching the Free Run Organic Eggs from grocery stores. (I remember there were some people who were going to try them out.)

So, Who incubated these eggs?

How was fertility?

How were the Hatch Rates?

And what breeds of chickens came out of these eggs? (I have noticed some nice terracotta and speckled eggs in the past. Wondering if they could be welsummers?)

(I will be trying to find some Myco free hatching eggs next spring, and thought that maybe I could get a few layers out of some store bought eggs. I assume that big outfits would have myco free flocks? I know, I could just order some hatchery birds for layers, but incubating is so much fun).

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum