Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nostalgic for the good ol days...

+3
toybarons
Sultan
KathyS
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

The internet is a powerful tool to help us become informed and aware of choices. Knowledge is power! But lately it seems every time I check out the latest on the chicken forums it is nothing but gloom and doom. I have to say I sort of miss those good old days (like 2 years ago!) on the forums where someone would post "my chickens have a cold..they are sneezing and acting unwell". And someone would respond, "oh just give them some nice healthy greens and a round of super booster and they should be fine". and then a couple of weeks later all was well.
I know - once we know about disease and potential for its spread, we can't go back to 'unknowing' it. But I do hope we can keep WCPS about information sharing. There is enough bickering and targeting others going on in other sites. What do you say we leave it over there, my friends? Smile

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

2Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 am

Sultan

Sultan

i agree

3Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I actually like the fact that the forums allow this kind of debate. As much as it would be nice to have poultry keeping all hatching eggs and sunning chooks, there are issues that need to be talked about.

The problem I feel has more to do that whenever a discussion comes up about disease most go into that "Henny Penny" syndrome that the sky is falling, the sky is falling and the world is going to end. Again, if we didn't have these conversations on the forum, we wouldn't be able to educate people when they should REALLY worry about their flock.

This too, like all things shall pass.

4Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I agree! Debate is awesome, but sometimes the wrong information gets out and people run with it.

5Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think that there are ebbs and tides to these things. Doom, gloom, and exclusion seems to be the mantra of the moment.

Today my barn roof is being fixed, and I have visitors and I am going to finish the mowing, and sort some birds. It is going to be a good day,,, especially as my report cards are all done!!!
YAYA!!!!

6Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

When the report cards are done, it's always a good day! Very Happy lol

7Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I could fix my barn roof. I have a leak that I thought we had fixed last year. Darn thing leaked again in the same spot last rain fall...Rain thoust stab at me, giggle!

8Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Top left of your screen says: "Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada".
Im here. Im on a journey to get there. To do that I need access to all this friendly adult information exchange. If I remember correctly this forum was intended for people to be able to learn. Once one embarks on a journey of knowledge there certainly is no turning back. I can only go forward from my beginning towards my end, to which as much as is in my power, I will decide. Here, the master can learn from student, student from master, as it should be. Ive learned, and offer my sincere gratitude to all who have contributed valuable information for the betterment of all poulterers.

Today is a good day, today I will/am putting to good practical use many things Ive learned here, and nowhere else, LOL maybe you want to erase your posts now eh! I know the saying " lets all try to get along here" has been whipped to death but on that note...

A longhair(tru story) walks into a redneck bar, sits down and has a drink. The rednecks, like rednecks do, started drinking too much and started fighting amongst themselves. The longhair pipes up and says "HEY, lets awl try to get alooong hare" LOL

9Nostalgic for the good ol days... Empty Re: Nostalgic for the good ol days... Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's raining and dreary here. Hubby has a bad cold and claims this prevents him from putting the new bathtub in the downstairs bathroom. While I was in the downstairs bathroom prying those horrible stick-down cheapo tiles off the floor, the dog came in to lick my face, after he'd eaten a few helpings of cat poo. Phew, breath mint, fella! Bathroom reno is fraught with danger.

Have dinner guests coming. Asparagus, Caesar salad, new baby potatoes, strip loin steak, marinated chicken breasts and Bella Coola sockeye salmon are on the menu. Washed down with wine and followed with coffee and angel food cake with fresh fruit and whipped cream.

Good part is that the salmon came from a neighbour who gave it to me in return for hatching some eggs for him. He is one of the neighbours who takes the horse manure pile, for which I am grateful. In return if I need tractor or backhoe work, the neighbourhood men are happy to come over and help out. GOod neighbourhoods are made and this is a pretty good one. I'm looking forward to a good meal despite a disaster in the downstairs bathroom and lousy weather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum