Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is ready for the Second Annual Chicknic at Schipperkesue's?

+6
CynthiaM
toybarons
Rosies
Arcticsun
Jonny Anvil
Schipperkesue
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

In spite of the threatening rain all of you made last year's Chicknic a resounding success!

I would like to host another one. We will be meeting at my place in Carnwood, directions to follow, on Saturday, July 7 at noonish. Bring yourself, something to drink, a chair, and a treat to share. I think I will set up a giant table and we can all pull up our chairs, chow down and chat!

If you are coming a long way and want to stay overnight and bring a tent or RV, we wil find a place for you.

So, who is in?

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Karebare and myself are in!!!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow! That was fast! We must have had a great time last year!

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just gotta check my schedule

Rosies

I should be able to come was sad I missed it last year!! Would be myself, hubby and our little one if little ones are allowed??

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

We would love to come. Had so much time last year.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sigh...why are you so far away, I would so love to come, but I think it is a long ways from here to there. How long is it anyone? From, say, Sicamous to where Sue lives? Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia, it is 9 hours from your house to mine. IPF holds the travel record to come to a social chicken event. She drove 16 hours to have coffee at The Beehive last time. That's dedication!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Shocked I know I could never talk Hubby into going that far. Bet you guys will all have a blast!! Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ill be there one way or another!

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I hope that I am able to make it too this one too!!!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am excited to see so much interest! Lots of returning faces, lots of new!

Children- I love them but I also struggle here. This is not a safe place for kids. I don't have any So I am not concerned about childproofing. Adults will need to supervise their kids. I am nervous about children running amok and getting hurt. I also have had visiting children who are disrespectful to the animals, and even had one teasing the dogs and almost let one out!

So I guess i am saying, bring your lovely respectful well behaved children along with some outdoor activities to keep them busy and leave the naughty ones behind. Fortunately the former outnumber the latter 10 to 1!

I hope I am not too blunt. Rosie, I look forward to meeting your child!

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

dont think you want jenna there then she is in her peak of terrible twos...and i mean terrible... Evil or Very Mad lol!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

triplejfarms wrote:dont think you want jenna there then she is in her peak of terrible twos...and i mean terrible... Evil or Very Mad lol!

I do have some extra dog pens...

Rosies

No sue its ok, she is really good with animals as we have sooooo many lol. And she is pretty well behaved kid though she could prove me wrong she does have her moments. Will see what's happening closer to the time and then decide. But if she was being bad we would just come home. Either way I would like to come.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are getting closer! Who is up for a relaxing hangout on a warm (hopefully) summer day?

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by toybarons on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wish I could come but we have a wedding on that day, I know someone will post pictures and let us know what we missed.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Unfortunately KareBare and Myself will not be able to attend the Chicinic, we will be in Jasper hosting a Stag party for our life long best friend who is getting married in August.

Sue, I can bring your Tractors sooner if you would like!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, could you drop them off on the way to Jasper?

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:Jonny, could you drop them off on the way to Jasper?

I will be catching a ride with the Groom and don't think we will have room in the Charger....lol
I will make a special trip out just for you. Perhaps the Wednesday or Thursday before.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hee hee! I am finished school so any day will be great!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just wanted to thank Sue for hosting another successful chicken picnic!
It was a blast to sit and relax, catching with some old friends on how and what is going on in their flocks!
Also nice to meet a few nice faces! The food was amazing along with the weather!

It was also cool to the many changes that have happened on Sue's farm since the last visit!
Too bad we only do this once a year Very Happy

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Absolutely!
Had a great time, wonderful food, fantastic visit!
Thanks Schip!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum