Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicken Saddles, What to charge?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chicken Saddles, What to charge? Empty Chicken Saddles, What to charge? Tue May 22, 2012 5:33 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So I have some chicken Saddles I would like to sell at a poultry sale here, but I'm not sure what to charge.

They are made with canvas on the top and denim on the bottom. All new material. Sizes are Small, Medium and Large (for chickens).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

2Chicken Saddles, What to charge? Empty Re: Chicken Saddles, What to charge? Tue May 22, 2012 11:00 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Very nice silkie! I want two, for my buff orp gals. Probably mediums. I also love to sew, but have noooooo time!!!!!!!!!!
I have a Pfaff sitting downstairs collecting dust... Humph. Let me know what u decide prices are, and I can do email transfer if you can send in mail. In flat letter envelope, I'll pay for shipping too!
Theresa

3Chicken Saddles, What to charge? Empty Re: Chicken Saddles, What to charge? Wed May 23, 2012 8:28 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are very nice looking chicken saddle silkie, you have used all new material and put lots of work into them(is that ironing and inside hems I see?)
I find people are usually a little unsure about buying them at first, but once they try them they love them.
I try to sell them more than one because if you have a problem you usually need more than the one for prevention at least on the other girls and they are accepted much better if they are a few backing up chickens at first!
I think of my saddles as my contribution to end chicken nudity
So I usually price mine at $5-7 each or 3 for $20 but yours are very nicely made so whatever you think you can live with for the work you put in (and good, new material is not cheap!) mine are usually made from the back of the leg of the Wrangler jeans one of my boy's put the knees out of!
Very Happy

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum