Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much would you charge or pay for duck eggs?

+4
Schipperkesue
Prairie Chick
mirycreek
Beep
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Beep

Beep

I sell a few duck eggs at $5/doz. They are LARGE and we let the ducks free range and feed them organically. My hubby says next year we are charging no less than $10/doz but I don't think we will get that price! What do YOU all think?

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you wash them up I would charge at least $8 dozen. They are more time consuming to wash thsn chicken eggs

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I charge $4 a dozen myself

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is all in the marketing.

Treat yourself to some duck eggs!
Large! Rich! Tasty!
Give new dimension, height and tastiness to your cooking and baking
Coveted by the best chefs worldwide!

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

It also depends where you live as well.

Maybe try $7.50 if your uncomfortable with $10 and see how that goes.

Beep

Beep

Prairie Chick wrote:I charge $4 a dozen myself
What do you charge for chicken eggs, Prairie Chick? I go $5 for those too. Again, cert. organic feed and free ranging on our 2 acres.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

$3.50 for chicken eggs

Although i don't have any duck eggs this year as I couldn't collect them fast enough and my 4 girls are broody crazies! I missed one day and before you know it there are 4 nests in their coop Shocked 

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Prairie Chick wrote:$3.50 for chicken eggs

Although i don't have any duck eggs this year as I couldn't collect them fast enough and my 4 girls are broody crazies!  I missed one day and before you know it there are 4 nests in their coop Shocked 
If I lived near you I wouldn't need to raise my own chickens for eggs, i would buy them from you for that price!!!!...it's $5.50 in the store here for "free run" eggs and $6.50 for organic. Most farms sell farm eggs for $5 and local farm eggs sold in stores are usually $6.50

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Our duck eggs are too big to fit comfortably in a Jumbo carton and we sell them, washed, for $6/doz and always sell out. Our chicken eggs are mixed sizes (but no bantam eggs) for $4/doz and we always have people waiting on eggs. Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

It does make a difference on price depending on where you live.

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Prairie Chick wrote:It does make a difference on price depending on where you live.
Yep for sure! We aren't far from the above poster who said farm eggs go for 5-6.50/doz. We couldn't possibly sell our eggs for that here!

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Beep

Beep

BriarwoodPoultry wrote:
Prairie Chick wrote:It does make a difference on price depending on where you live.
Yep for sure! We aren't far from the above poster who said farm eggs go for 5-6.50/doz. We couldn't possibly sell our eggs for that here!
Thanks, Briarwood, I think $6 is fair and not much of a jump from the $5 I already charge. Considering in the summer at least, I don't pay much to feed my ducks, as they are almost totally on pasture and only really clean up after the other birds. And nobody blinks an eye at $5 for chicken eggs; it's the reason I brought in more birds -- I don't have enough eggs to satisfy the want! And organic, free run hens eggs are about $6 or more in the store here.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

all I can add is great egg prices
I dont even try to sell eggs around here
as People are selling eggs for 2.00 to 2.50
a dz all around me and they are farm eggs
I almost sold 1 time and when they asked how much I said 3.50
they said they can buy them from so and so for 2.00
so I said thats fine go there and buy them
Oh well I just eat more eggs My gain their loss

Beep

Beep

appway wrote:all I can add is great egg prices
I dont even try to sell eggs around here
as People are selling eggs for 2.00 to 2.50
a dz all around me and they are farm eggs
I almost sold 1 time and when they asked how much I said 3.50
they said they can buy them from so and so for 2.00
so I said thats fine go there and buy them
Oh well I just eat more eggs My gain their loss
That must be so frustrating for you appway, especially if your birds are free-ranging and/or organically fed!

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I get 4 dollars a dozen for my chicken eggs and will be asking 5 for the duck eggs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum