Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My sister's final goodbye

+8
CynthiaM
Dan Smith
BriarwoodPoultry
uno
chickencrazygirl
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
coopslave
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My sister's final goodbye Empty My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:25 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought I would share some pictures with you. I am trying to get some closure, but it is tough and taking a long time. The spreading of her ashes has made it all very raw again.

My nephew and his beautiful family came for a visit and we decided to spread her ashes while we were all together. It is a tough thing to decide to do.

We chose the indian reservation where we all rode as kids. She was a very spiritual lady and studied Shamanism, so this seemed appropriate some how. There is beautiful paintings on the rocks in this area so we gathered up the little kids and the 85+ year old ladies and when for a hike in the sage brush. The day was beautiful and the blue sage was smelling amazing.

My nephew lost his mother and the man that raised him within a few days of each other. He is a strong, compassionate man and I am proud of him.

Anyways, thought I would share some pictures with you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for sharing it with me.

2My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have no words....

3My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

That does sound like a fitting place for your sister's ashes. I'm glad you have close family to share this with. And for whatever it's worth, I'm sending love and healing thoughts to you too. Take care. xo

4My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That looks like a very nice place for your sister's ashes final resting place. It is nice that your nephew is as strong as he is, and hopefully in time you both will have some closure. Comfort

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thank you for sharing that with us, not an easy one for sure.
May your Sisters spirit soar high and blow free from all troubles within this wild land she lived in.
May here heart feel the love that you sent to her when letting her go one last time
and may your hearts feel healed.
Comfort

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

6My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Seems the sort of place a spirit could freely come to feel the love of those who gather in her memory. YOu are a blessing to your nephew, that you and he loved the same person is a strong bond. I hope your healing begins from here.

7My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:58 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Uno says it well.

It's not easy to say goodbye, especially the immediate time after. It's never going to get easier to miss your sister or her husband, and it's never going to hurt less, but hopefully you will be able to enjoy your memories more as you are able to push the pain to the side and think about the happier times you had. Beautiful photos.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

8My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry for your pain. Family is everything. Enjoy and cherish every moment with them.

9My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:05 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a bit of a runny nose and I still have shivers all over my body. This has struck deep within all our souls, I am not crying, but I have those tears of knowing what death is, we all know those. Time will make the roar of emotional pain lessen, but it will always be there to rear its ugly head, you will feel less pain, as time goes on. You have had a very difficult time with family losses this past year. To take your Sister's ashes and spread them as you did, in the child playground where you played was the most appropriate of all, how beautiful those pictures. Keep that chin up Coopslave, life has given and life has taken, but there will be sunny days, where you will feel happy again, and my wishes for a beautiful day today. CynthiaM.

10My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:02 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is very beautiful country. I can easily see it evoking spiritual feelings.

11My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It looks like a nice spot and
nice the family could be there.
I total believe in spreading
ashes rather than plots.

I want my ashes spead at the
ranch my parents owned in 100 Mile House.
Only problem is it has been subdivided up.
Hubby said he will rent a boat get close
to shore put my ashes in a potatoe gun
and fire me onto shore.

Someone sent this to me but can not remember who
but I find it very beautiful, hope you do also.

I am with you still
I give you this one thought to keep
I am with you still- do not weep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone-
I am with you still-in each new dawn.

12My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

karona wrote:
I am with you still
I give you this one thought to keep
I am with you still- do not weep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone-
I am with you still-in each new dawn.

Thank you...

13My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:23 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

My mother left me that poem as well when she died.
The only difference are a few lines, but it essentially the same.

My mother is buried on our property under a favourite tree.

14My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 pm

<3

15My sister's final goodbye Empty Re: My sister's final goodbye Tue May 01, 2012 10:48 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear dear Joan. I haven't had time to be on here much lately and missed this thread. Thank you for sharing these photos with us along with how you're feeling. I'm sorry you're hurting. I don't know if closure ever really comes but perhaps it will for you. My experience is that one learns to live with it and continues to move forward, yet forever changed. Time will continue to soften the pain but it may never be gone completely.

She is at peace and I believe with all my heart, you will see each other again.

Thinking of you and your nephew.

Dawn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum