Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Acreage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need Acreage Empty Need Acreage Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Not sure where to post this, but advice is needed, so here it is. We have been renting for just over a year a small piece of land north of Lacombe. Unfortunately, the landlord is turning out to be way more particular than we can handle. There are complaints about every little bike and toy left in the front yard, if the weeds aren't pulled fast enough, if one child crosses into the trees right next to the house, and the list goes on. We have been trying to meet their demands, but today he began to lecture the kids, and telling them if they don't keep things up to standard their parents had better find somewhere else to live. That crossed the line for me. Talk to my husband, talk to me, but don't lay all the responsibility on the children (aged 10, 13, 15, 18). I am tired of paying a lot of money to be treated like a serf (and sorry if this rant is going on too long). What I really want is to ask if anyone who has managed to read this far would be able to send us any leads to a more reasonable landlord on a small acreage that can handle one horse, a bunch of chickens, some cats, and few kids and bikes, and a bonus would be if it had a garden. My husband works in Leduc, so anywhere between Leduc and Red Deer would work, though I prefer staying close to Lacombe as that is where our friends and church are. I so appreciate any leads or help in finding a place. I am feeling just a little stressed right now No

2Need Acreage Empty Re: Need Acreage Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope you find a suitable place!! Good luck in your search

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

3Need Acreage Empty Re: Need Acreage Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm

You can do what I did; we thought it would never work. Post an ad in your local classified (kijiji or whatever) about exactly what you're looking for, what kind of people you are, what you can afford or are willing to pay and any quirks. When I posted the ad that got us where we are, I said $500 a month rent absolute max, 1-6 acres (got 15, might negotiate in 20), allowed to till up a large garden, pets must be allowed, option to have livestock.

TADA. Good luck on your search.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum