Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have another chicken friend who is not a member of this forum and is looking for some BLR Wyandotte eggs from a breeder in BC who is willing to ship to the Nelson, BC area. He is not looking for show quality but wants pure.

Is there any of you out there? Smile

2BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:25 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know of a 3 or 4 people who might have eggs. Briarwood has advertised on this forum several times. I usually have BLRW eggs but recently had to put down my rooster.

3BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks rosewood. I completely forgot about Briarwood and haven't taken the time to check the breeders list.

That's great and sorry to hear about your roo.

4BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I would also recommend Briarwood, I got some eggs from her including some BLRW's and on day 3 I have already noticed some development!
Good eggs coming from there!

5BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Done. He has Briar's info.

6BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

If I am not mistaken, Heidi (PrettyFeathers on ACE) has some very nice blue laced red wyandottes, her line has been used for some of the breeders in B.C. She has been working very hard on the breed standard and she had some very nice breeding from what I saw whilst visiting her. THis was last year, not sure if she is still breeding the variety. This is her email address. titan20@telus.net, you might want to give that contact information too, she is in Chilliwack. Hope the friends find what is looked for. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

7BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Cindi.

8BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heidi has not advertised this year, but most of the people raising BLRW on the forum have Heidi's stock as the foundation for their flocks. Hidden River, Double S, Westcoastmama and others have BLRWs

9BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, I know she has not advertised, think she is leary of hanging out on a specific forum. But she is definitely up and running her incubators, talked to her today. I have told her about our forum here (I am smiling, Jayme). So she is still in the game. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

10BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Empty Re: BLR Wyandotte Breeders in BC Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:I would also recommend Briarwood, I got some eggs from her including some BLRW's and on day 3 I have already noticed some development!
Good eggs coming from there!

Thanks Smile I can only help if they want hatching eggs as I don't ship chicks, though Heidi might Smile She has wonderful birds and most of my original flock came from her. I have added to it since then as well as brought in some of a different line last spring Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum