Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Partridge Chants and Ameraucana chicks from John Blehm

+8
Terre Wilde
lsecord
fuzzylittlefriend
Binkeyroo
ChickenTeam
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
coopslave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the tip Hidden. They all seem pretty ok at the moment. Seem to be eating and drinking. They are good and warm too.

Sorry, no Lavenders. Just lots of blacks! Laughing

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's such a shame when they die in transit. I hope the rest all pull through.

How did you do with the number of Blue Wheatens?

Did you get any Partridge Chanteclers?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

sigh..... lost 2 more last night. 1 was a silver. Neutral
I think the rest are strong and healthy. They appear to be so far, anyways. They must of had a tough trip, poor little guys. Rolling Eyes

They are loud little buggars. Much louder than the ones I hatch. I wonder if they get in the habit of screaming for 2 days and then cant stop??? Shocked

They are warm, fed and watered, now they just have to get strong and grow and grow and grow! Very Happy

Binkeyroo

Thank you so much for the cute little chicks! They are so adorable! But do they ever cheep a lot! LOL! All the way home they were cheeping over and over again... and last night...
But it is worth it and I am sure they will get over their screaming stage soon (I hope).
Thank you again!!!!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought I had better update you all on these.

I had some big losses in the end. Very sad to lose the cute little things.

John has been great about it. He offered me chicks next year if I just paid for the health papers and shipping or a partical refund. I have until the end of the year to decide, but I don't think I want shipped chicks again. It was a great experience to have, but I think I will just stick to breeding my guys up now.

Like I say, John was great and I would not hesitate to order from him again if I was going to get more.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, sigh, too bad for the losses. I can't imagine the stress that little babies must go through when shipped, no wonder they passed through. I know that many have wonderful success with getting chicks sent and received, but I just think I would never want to chance that. Babies are so delicate, in every way. Sorry for the loss, have a great day, CynthiaM.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's too bad coopslave. The poor little things. Maybe a hatch later in the year when it's warmer is a better idea coming from where they come from. I lost a bunch last year from McMurrays from being too chilled and that was mid-May.

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey coopslave, do you have any chicks for sale still or are they all sold now?

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

All the ones I wanted to sell are gone. I may have some WhAms later that I will offer.
I may also have some of my own as well. What are you looking for?

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Seems to be the million dollar question! Hah. I was just plotting, and it had to do with black am's. On the other hand, if you have wheaten am's available (possibly) later, well I can PM you, but I'll be coming from Edmonton back to the island around June 24, so we'll see! Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum