Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Partridge Chants and Ameraucana chicks from John Blehm

+8
Terre Wilde
lsecord
fuzzylittlefriend
Binkeyroo
ChickenTeam
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
coopslave
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I have had a couple of people that said they wanted chicks, cancel.

So there will be some Chants available and some Ameraucanas as well.

They are being sent on April 17th, so I hope to have them on the 18th. I can then let everyone know what is availble as far as Am varieties are. If there is a variety you really want, let me know and I can try to have it for you.

I don't really need all the chicks I have ordered, but I will grow them out and sell them as trios if I have to. They will cost a lot more money then! Very Happy

These will be good quality birds and the real deal, not hatchery stock. Anyways, let me know if you want any. They will be $15 a chick and I can get them to Kelowna and possibly Grand Forks for you.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmm, what color of Ameraucana, CoopSlave?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

He has Wheaten, Silver, Lavender, Buff and Black. I have requested Wheaten for myself, but have let John choose what to fill up the rest of the order with. He may send extra Wheatens and I think the Lavender are sold out, so I don't expect any of them. I have a few black spoken for but it is a bit of a Lucky Dip as to what I get. Actually I kind of like the idea, sort of like opening a present when they get here. Very Happy

My thoughts are the majority of them will be Black and Buffs, but who really knows. I am so excited about them!!! I can't wait. I really hope I don't have any trouble at the border.......

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope the order goes well and no issues at the border. I have learned that I show them the health papers prior to going through, then if they have any questions they can call the vet while I continue on to get my chicks (Of course my chicks are 3/4hr south of my border crossing so gives them a couple hours to get things sorted out and I am free and clear sailing going back through.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you have any blacks left over I am interested. The next problem would be transport. I will have to see what holidays I have coming up and plan a little drive.

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

If there is the interest and someone does make the drive, I would love to get in on it. I still think the Chant/Am crosses are perfect for us, and we really do want to get partridge chanteclers (my son especially). My other favourtie is Ameraucanas, wheaten first, then black, but otheer colors would do. Have to keep an eye on this thread.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well ChickenTeam, I've gottem all right here!! Very Happy

If you find a ride or decide on a drive I will set you up with everything you would like. Maybe send me a pm so I don't lose track of you.

Binkeyroo

I would love to get 3 please! If you have them. I will come and pick them up from you if you like. I would like black or blue. Thanks! Let me know when they are ready to go (if you have any extras) and I will 100% take them.
Am in Grand Forks.
Danielle

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had lady who bought ee chicks from me looking for pure amerucanas. If I give you her email I bet she would be interested. Also I just had an email from someone in penticton. Are they sexed or straight run?

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are straight run. My family is in Osoyoos, so not far from Penticton at all!

11Partridge Chants and Ameraucana chicks from John Blehm Empty Chants Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:55 pm

lsecord

I would be interested in getting some of your partidge chantecler chicks.
Approx how many will you have for sale?
I live in Keremeos.

Thanks

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

lsecord wrote:I would be interested in getting some of your partidge chantecler chicks.
Approx how many will you have for sale?
I live in Keremeos.

Thanks

Isecord, pm me please.

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

oooh I wish I had an area for chicks! If you find you have any left over I would take any colour of the Ameraucanas and would happily pre-pay you to grow any hens out for me.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will try to keep in touch Terre. Maybe remind me later on, I may have some that I grow out a bit.

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

Awesome! I'll keep in touch.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

The chicks are in Seattle Washington this morning so they will be ready for me tomorrow morning! YAY! I am looking forward to this adventure of collecting chicks from the States. Hopefully all goes well. Very Happy

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good luck! Hope all goes well and you get lots of what you wanted.

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Coopslave, Will there be any Blue Ameraucana in that order? If so would you be willing to grow out 2 or 3 pullets for me in exchange for the 2 or 3 Blue Pullets of my Whitmore line that you are wanting me to grow out for you? All we would have to do is figure out how to get them to each other.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dan, John doesnt sell any blues, only the lavenders.

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks Jayme , Then how about 3 Black Pullets?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We may be able to do that Dan, let me get back to you on that.

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

I'm excited, too! I hope all goes well for you, and we'll see you soon.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers I can't wait to hear what you got!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well the chicks arrived this morning. Going through the border was a breeze. Very Happy
The poor little darlings must have had a tough trip. Some dead and some not so flash. Crying or Very sad
Of course it was not the extras, it was all the ones people have wanted.
So, lots of black ones. They are sure cute as anything!! Noisy little buggars, I think they have been used to crying for 2 days and are having trouble stopping. Everyone seems to be drinking and eating so fingers crossed for the poor, little weak ones.

If there is anyone I have missed contacting, please get a hold of me. It was not intentional, very busy here right now.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Did you get any lavenders in this order coop?
Sorry to hear of the tough trip on them. I have brought back weak ones by putting them in a little box in the bottom of my bator, the warm moving air seems to bring them back from the brink.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum