Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick! Boot the beef!

+3
Schipperkesue
Bowker Acres
uno
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Did you know...gasp of shock and disbelief...that RED MEAT KILLS!

That's right! I just read an article (on line) about a Harvard School of Public Health study that followed 120,000 people over 30 years and in that time 6000 of them died from cardovascular disease and 9500 died from cancer. And it is all because they ATE RED MEAT!

How, oh how, do these incomplete and misleading bits of idiotic garbage find their way to where people can read them? Yet again, it boggles the mind that this sort of junk can make its way to print. It leaves one asking questions that will never be answered but without these answers, this 'study' is utterly valueless!

First...was extensive genetic studying of each participant done to find out if their cancer or heart disease was inherited genetically? You CANNOT shout about the harmful effects of environmental influences until you have quanitifed the potential genetic influences that are going to skew your test results! You cannot claim red meat gives people cancer until you have a test population that is at extrememly low risk of getting cancer in the first place.

Second...what was the average age of the test people when they joined and what was the average age when they were found to have cancer or heart disease, 30 years later? We all know that aging puts us at ever increasing risk of the things that will eventually kill us, because that seems to be the way this life of ours is designed. There is not enough clear information on how they decided it was red meat that made people sick, and not something else.

Third...who were the test subjects? What population were they chosen from? Rural folk who live a hard working, physically demanding life style? OR city fold, who lead a different lifestyle?

Fourth...I want to see how many people in the study died over 30 years due to other causes. Car accident, household mishaps, sailing on ships that sink off the coast of Italy. How many were struck by lightning, abducted by aliens or left to live under an assumed name? There is a percentage of people who die over a 30 year span, especially if they were 50 when they joined the study, and their missing selves has NOTHING to do with red meat. This study needs to make those numbers available too, so we can contrast and compare, what is worse for us, steaks or cruise ships?

This grade 2 playdough reporting makes me cringe, because the world is full of morons who believe this pap without thinking, wait a minute, 90% of the required information is NOT in this article! That's like buying a car and just getting two front tires...that ain't no car, but if you're willing to accept it, too bad for you.

SOmething at some time is going to end me. Will it be a piece of prime rib, or a choking death from dry granola? I think granola kills thousands, lodged in windpipes, immune to the Heimlich manouver, but we never hear about that! I hope I drop over at the dinner table, stuffed to the gunnels on prime rib from a well raised and humanely slaughtered cow. With gravy on my chin! I think starvation and want kill far more people on this planet than red meat and this study from Harvard is the height of American egocentric arrogance. Quit studying who meat kills and find a way to get it to the people who are dying without it!

2Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would like to see the stats on the control group as well. Being that cardiovascular disease and cancer are at the top of the list for causes of death to all North Americans (at least), I would suspect the non-red meat eating control group had similar causes of death that were just mis-represented.....or was there a control group?? A vegetarian diet does not meat a diet lower in calories, it is just different. I have seen a good deal of overweight vegetarians as well...

3Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeah Bowker, what they leave OUT is (to me) way more telling than what they printed.

4Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

"Sob"... I'm doomed!.. pale

5Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:28 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uh...why? Have you been part of a Harvard Medical study? It seems a pretty high risk thing to do.

6Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

According to this study I would guess we are all doomed to death!! Oh wait dont we all die at some point? Why not enjoy what we eat? I really wonder how many of these people were eating home grown foods and how many were eating those prepackaged products that have all the extra preservatives and junk that is added to alot of store bought foods. Red meat may kill us but is it really just the meat? I dont think so. We as a society have forgotten about a basic ingredient to a healthy life myself included and that is exercise. How many people in this study were eating healthy even though eating red meat, exercising enough, not stressing about anything, had no hereditary traits towards heart issues ect. I absolutely hate studies like this in most cases the test group is set up so the "study" comes out the way the group doing the study hopes if possible

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

7Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Uh...why? Have you been part of a Harvard Medical study? It seems a pretty high risk thing to do.

No, I have been eating beef! According to Harvard it is a death sentence. And I like my beef rare, and well marbled. Probably the worst beef! Even more horrific, Ii have been eating beef since I was a child. At least once a week often more. My parents gave me beef tartar as a child! Raw beef with a raw egg yolk. I am surprised I am not dead yet. And Marrow! Oh how I love that marrow. I love to suck well cooked and seasoned beef marrow out of the bones. My dad made a great marrow dumpling to put in soup. T bone steaks! Nothing better than chewing the meat off that bone.

Definitely I am doomed. My love of beef exceeds my love of secks.

8Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And you can eat beef in public.

9Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:39 pm

The one missing detail that probably wasn't in there was that the red meat that the dead people were eating prior to developing that 'condition' was slathered in special sauce, between lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions and two round slabs of sesame seed bun. Shocked

10Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:30 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

farmchiq wrote:The one missing detail that probably wasn't in there was that the red meat that the dead people were eating prior to developing that 'condition' was slathered in special sauce, between lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions and two round slabs of sesame seed bun. Shocked
Laughing

Well, Dad always kept cattle when his family was growing up and he often slaughtered his bull after the cows were bred each year so red meat was one of the things that was often on the menu at our house. To date, Dad is 92 years old and doing remarkably well for his age. He always has, and still does, have a cookie or piece of cake or pie after every meal. He was always a hard worker and was never overweight. He always stuck to homemade goodies though, not store bought junk food. So I think it the artificial "stuff" in food that does our bodies the most harm not the natural food products that we can raise or grow.

11Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

If thats true...why aren't Vegans living to 100 years +? I read that study too, what a bunch of horseturds. "Detailed yearly reports" on their diet. Uhuh. Quick, everybody name how many times (Accurately!) in the last three months they've had red meat?

Farmchiq is absolutly right, well said!

12Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:13 pm

I like my beef ! ......but my doctor did advise me of the fact that if I eat to much it will raise my Iron levels way up there ! When they see this they will test you for Cancer because of the high red blood cell count .........at least that is what they told me .Maybe they should look closer to how the beef was fed , what was in it's food ! My father died of cancer and he always said it;s what they put into the food that trasfers back to us and thus we pay the price in a strange sort of way ?.Now a days everything will kill you ! but !!! you'll notice that they never do studies on farm raised products ?? might be that they don't want to stir the soup as it were ?????????

13Quick! Boot the beef! Empty Re: Quick! Boot the beef! Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't like were this is going. Soon there will be 'Beef Sections' in restaurants. Then, no beef allowed at all. Pretty soon we'll have to go outside to eat beef and eventually we will have to be at least 50 feet from the door before we can unwrap our burger.

"Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, THAT's bad for you!" - Tom Smothers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum