Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did you know this about Kijiji?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did you know this about Kijiji? Empty Did you know this about Kijiji? Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So maybe I am the only uninformed one but I thought I would share what I just discovered. You can search for items on Kijiji based on proximity to your location- even if you are in the boonies just like I am.

Here is how you do it:

-Go to Kijiji

-Beside the search bar it says 'all ads', click on 'go'

-Scroll down and watch the left side. Under 'Location ' there is a section with a city and a bar that says 'change' as well as a distance slider in km. Click on the 'change' bar.

-A window will come up where you can adjust your search and the location. Choose what you want to search for and change the location to your postal code . Also adjust the distance to how far you want to travel. I usually say 50 km.

-Click on 'update' and wait for the screen to update.

-When you are updated, click on the word 'distance' on the green bar on top and all posts will be readjusted from closest to furthest from your postal code.

-Now you can see what your neighbors have for sale!

2Did you know this about Kijiji? Empty Re: Did you know this about Kijiji? Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I tried it.... very cool!

3Did you know this about Kijiji? Empty Re: Did you know this about Kijiji? Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Haaa, that is cool. Like the other Kijiji add with chicken supplies by Okotoks. Henk picked it up and he then found out I was the guy's neighbour so he came in for a visit at the same time Very Happy
Small world!!
Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

4Did you know this about Kijiji? Empty Re: Did you know this about Kijiji? Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Sushi

The one thing that bugs me about Kijiji is that it is difficult to search the whole country for an item. I've not figured out how to do it without searching each individual province. Also I wish they'd give horses & tack their own separate category because they make up the majority of livestock ads where I am.

5Did you know this about Kijiji? Empty Re: Did you know this about Kijiji? Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sushi wrote:The one thing that bugs me about Kijiji is that it is difficult to search the whole country for an item. I've not figured out how to do it without searching each individual province. Also I wish they'd give horses & tack their own separate category because they make up the majority of livestock ads where I am.

Here is how you search the whole country for an item.

Go to google and type in "Item Kijiji" . You will get posts from across the country, down into the states and even around the world.

Sorry, can't help with the horse issues.

6Did you know this about Kijiji? Empty Re: Did you know this about Kijiji? Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Sushi

Yeah, I've done that too. It brings up ads that are cached & expired though, so it's not a very accurate way of doing it either. Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum