Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Short Rant about Kijiji

+14
KathyS
Fowler
Anna
rosewood
coopslave
pops coops
Prairie Chick
uno
Schipperkesue
smokyriver
fuzzylittlefriend
SerJay
chickeesmom
DLC
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:27 pm

DLC

Well thats about the 35th ad on kijiji I replied to this year and no responce. No "its sold" or "we found one thank you" nothing. Usually the ad stays on the site just as written so you dont know if its sold or they cant be bothered returning your contact. Rude Rude Rude. Oh and by the way I dont want to deliver (for Free) what I'm selling 90 miles for 1/4 the asking price. Idiots.

2Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great rant DLC.

3Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes completely agree! Amazing just how ignorant people can be Evil or Very Mad In the fall we were doing winter prep and clear out so I listed a freezer that was sitting empty and unused and pretty cheap just to get rid of it and do you know how many times I changed my schedule and sat waiting for people that really really wanted it but then never showed up Grrrr I was so frustrated and irritated! Then I'd listed some kids outdoor toys that they'd gotten too small for and I didn't want to store another winter. I listed them super cheap and yet still had people wanting me to deliver them! Really $5 for ride on toys ($100+ new) and they wanted it delivered at their convenience! But then today I see an ad that's title is Great dane and write up says simply "eats off counters be prepared" Really?? But then it's not just kijiji it's any place you try to buy or sell something or just have to deal with people Embarassed

4Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:35 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah I am not happy with kijji. It also wont let you place the same add in different cities even though they are still within the same region.

I am also bothered by the vague emails people send. I then have to waste time asking them the questions. My last peeve of the week was off a web response form that the people put the wrong email addres. I wrote a long nice reply to their questions and had the email returned twice.....

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

5Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a love/hate relationship with kijiji. I love it as you can find what you are looking for, but hate it because as stated you don't always get replies when asking about items. I have also found out though that sometimes it is due to them not actually getting the email in the first place, so it is best if you phone if there is a phone number. If no phone number, you have no choice but to email and pray it goes through. I am waiting right now on info on an excursion that is listed, but have not heard a thing yet, so don't know if I will. Hopefully I do as I am getting desperately close to NEEDING a different vehicle which will hold my whole family!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

6Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

On Tuesday I had a PD in the city so I located a table downtown and set up a time to pick it up. After paying email tag trying to get her to give me her address, I found a place to pard in the middle of downtown Edmonton and went up 25 floors only to be told she had the top but the legs were in the north side at her parents place. Sigh!

7Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yup...people who have no worries about wasting your time, inconveniencing you or falling off the map when they say they will show up at a certain time. Civilty has gone down the drain along with basic good manners and consideration for others. I often find it easier to lug my no-longer used goods to a thrift store or local charity that is raising funds and GIVE it away, rather than deal with John Dillweed Public.

8Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like usedregina.com

Also if there is an ad where the item has been sold but the ad is still posted i will report it.

9Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:30 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

If I am told that it is sold I report them and KIJIJI takes it down I hate it when you open an ad and at the end they say sold and that was 4 weeks ago, good post

http://www.popscoops.com

10Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have only sold puppies and kittens through Kijiji so not a lot of selling experience. I responded to everyone and put SOLD on the ads as soon as they were all gone. I didn't have to many time wasters, most people were very good.

Buying has been the same for me. Only bought 2 things off there. One I dickered with the price, the other, a Sportman incubator, was such a good price I just emailed I would take it for asking price if it worked. He phoned me within the hour, said he had a huge responce and I was his first call. Even delivered it closer to me so I didn't have to drive as far to get it. It works great and was a huge steal at the asking price so why dicker? I am sure others were offering him less, but I got it!! Banana

I understand your frustration. I hate selling stuff, especially horses! Tire kickers drive me mad. Either you want it or you don't. I am not into the hard sell at all.

Glad you were able to get the little rant off your chest...... feel better now? Very Happy

11Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I used Kijiji bit for selling items. I even managed to sell 12 dozen regular farm eggs to a fellow living in Ontario- I probably should say he was hosting a party skiing at Sun Peaks. My peeve is only being allowed one ad for similar items i.e. a brahma rooster, a gold laced rooster, a blue laced red rooster. I want to use individual ads for each breed with pictures rather than having them lumped together.

12Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Anna

Anna

rosewood wrote: My peeve is only being allowed one ad for similar items i.e. a brahma rooster, a gold laced rooster, a blue laced red rooster. I want to use individual ads for each breed with pictures rather than having them lumped together.
You have to be creative, make sure you have different titles, different pictures etc.
It works. I do it with our puppies. Kijiji-Calgary has way more visitors (buyers Smile ), but Lethbridge is closer to me. I put adds in both.

13Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:11 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've done wel buying off Kijiji. Got some excellent deals.

Selling is another matter. Very hit and miss. There's a lot of 'Time Vampires' out there.

14Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:28 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:I've done wel buying off Kijiji. Got some excellent deals.

Selling is another matter. Very hit and miss. There's a lot of 'Time Vampires' out there.

"Time Vampires"! what a perfect description! Yep, I've dealt with those... my time has been sucked away the odd time by someone wanting emailed pictures, long descriptive emails to answer all thier questions followed by several telephone calls... and then suddenly nothing. I have to assume they found it somewhere else or lost interest since they no longer reply to my emails?? Rolling Eyes

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

15Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I too cringe at the thought of placing adds for anything to sell. It's usually a painful process, but it's no different than when I'm shopping for something. I usually want more info than what is listed. This sometimes appears as though I might be really interested when all it means is that I'm only wanting to know more about the item!
What really gets me going is when I respond to an add or someone responds to my add, and I give my phone number and ask them to call me back to discuss things more. 9 times out of ten no one calls! They usually continue to reply by e-mail. When this happens, I usually wont respond back! I feel if they truly are interested in selling or buying they should make the attempt at a more personable form of contact! It makes me think there is more of a commitment that way and no one is trying to hide anything!

16Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:27 pm

boothcreek

Only real peeve I have with kijiji is that they should seperate "horses and tack" from "livestock".
I hate looking thru hundreds of horses and whatever goes with'em to look for that 1 goat, sheep, chicken or pig...

I buy and sell over kijiji and never really have a problem with the site itself but with the people that answer my ads. 90% of the time they only read the title of the ad and ask about things that are written IN the ad. And then go "oh, thats not what I was looking for" .... But I get those problems putting ads into our local newspaper too, instead of emailing tho people call with the same questions that have been answered by the ad already.

I rarely put my number up, I absolutly hate phones(if someone got something I really really want, something I would give my most priced posession away for, but only lists a phone number I will NOT contact them) and I wont answer the phone unless I know the number(paranoid or what?).

Lately I get a lot of: I am interested in *whateversforsale* please call me @###-####. Ugh I hate these emails, they go unanswered from me.

http://www.boothcreekranch.com

17Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:01 pm

gubi

The one thing that bothers me about people on Kijiji the most is that they can't be bothered to click on the little map link to find out where I'm located! My most frequent question is where are you located or sometimes when they say they want to buy, they come back with oh I didn't realize how far away you are.
I think they should separate all the horse crap out of there too. I'm one of those too that will e-mail back even though I have been given the phone number. The only time I call is if I haven't heard back after I sent an e-mail because some people aren't on the computer too much. We sell all our Brown Swiss bull calves through Kijiji. To get your ad onto different location you need a different picture. It's not the wording of the ad but the picture.

18Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:37 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I too have become very cautious when posting ads and will only post my city location with no phone number. I know it can be annoying but we live somewhat rural but 2 neighbours around our area have been broken into. The first sold a large item for cash and then that night while out his house was broken into, cash and a whole lot more stolen Sad The other just had something listed but I think gave all that helpful info that is also helpful for the rotten people in this world and the item that was listed was stolen. It's far too easy to reverse look up phone numbers so I don't give that out until I'm sure someone is ready to come see the item but because we live out of town most often I bring the item into town.

19Short Rant about Kijiji  Empty Re: Short Rant about Kijiji Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

SerJay wrote:Yes completely agree! Amazing just how ignorant people can be Evil or Very Mad In the fall we were doing winter prep and clear out so I listed a freezer that was sitting empty and unused and pretty cheap just to get rid of it and do you know how many times I changed my schedule and sat waiting for people that really really wanted it but then never showed up Grrrr I was so frustrated and irritated! Then I'd listed some kids outdoor toys that they'd gotten too small for and I didn't want to store another winter. I listed them super cheap and yet still had people wanting me to deliver them! Really $5 for ride on toys ($100+ new) and they wanted it delivered at their convenience! But then today I see an ad that's title is Great dane and write up says simply "eats off counters be prepared" Really?? But then it's not just kijiji it's any place you try to buy or sell something or just have to deal with people Embarassed

One thing I have learned is to set an exact time and get a cell phone number in case you have to leave for an emergancy. That way if they don't show you can call. I also mention set times are the only way so I can control my 5 dogs. I never let anyone say well maybe I will come on Saturday. No you set a time I am not waiting around all day just incase you show up. And if you do have fun running from the dogs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum