Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Barred Plymouth Rock roo

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Barred Plymouth Rock roo Empty My Barred Plymouth Rock roo Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:39 am

confucious

New Here

My Barred Plymouth Rock roo only has half a crow. Sounds really funny when he tries!

My question is "Can I use him for breeding or is his genes mixed up?"

2My Barred Plymouth Rock roo Empty Re: My Barred Plymouth Rock roo Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:51 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

confucious wrote:My Barred Plymouth Rock roo only has half a crow. Sounds really funny when he tries!

My question is "Can I use him for breeding or is his genes mixed up?"

First of all Welcome to the Forum....

Depending on how old your Roo is. if he is just coming into his crow it might sound rough and funny. That could be the reason....
If he is older, I don't think his crow will affect things genetically, meaning that any offspring that are Roo's should still crow and have a full alarm clock quality to their crow.

I had one Roo over a year old by a few weeks, whom's Crow was very pathetic for such a nice Barred Rock roo. He breed out some of my mixed breed hens, and the boys I got from that breeding, which was mainly boys. They all have wonderfully loud and consistent crows.

There are other members that are more knowledgeable on this topic than myself, Just speaking from experience.

Cheers,

Jonny

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum