Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone have Toulouse (sp?) Geese

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Does anyone have Toulouse (sp?) Geese Empty Does anyone have Toulouse (sp?) Geese Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How are they aggressive or placid? What sort of growth rate do you see? Good moms? Get along with other breeds? You know, just some general info.

I saw a Toulouse at the Red Deer show and couldn't believe how big it was!

Very interested in them now.

Cathy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have them and love them. Very pretty, and they just seem to get bigger with age! They were a little aggressive in the spring and even cornered Doug in the barn and bit him, but he was a stranger to them.

They seem to winter well. Even at -25 they didn't want to go inside.

I can't compare them to any other geese as they are my first and only breed.

Sue

TysExotics

The huge one(s) at Red Deer were Super Dewlap Tolouse. They aren't very good parents or very "practical" geese, cool looking, and expensive. lol.

Normal Tolouse arent any different than any other goose breed. Some are aggressive, some are not. They will set, good parents. Good layers. Dont grow as fast as an Embden, and are a bit lighter.

http://www.prairieexotics.com

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks guys... I had a quick peek at Metzers (should have looked there first) and they have three different Toulouse including a very traditional one from France.. nice grey goose.

Anyway, I think I would like to have some -- they sound very cool

5Does anyone have Toulouse (sp?) Geese Empty Re: Does anyone have Toulouse (sp?) Geese Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:35 pm

TysExotics

I've got quite a few normal hens for sale... Goslings in the spring..

http://www.prairieexotics.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I too hope to have some younguns this spring.

Sue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum