Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A buckeye's bad voice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A buckeye's bad voice Empty A buckeye's bad voice Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:51 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

No hospital section, so probably this post should go here.

About 4 days ago, I noticed one of my buckeye roosters had a distorted crow. It sounded like he was getting laryngitis (spelling?), kind of warbly, kind of not normal. Other than that, just like his old self, honky as can be, eating, chasing girls, chasing the other rooster dude (he's top man, but doesn't harm the other fellow, just lets him know he is top dog), just normal rooster behaviour. But had a weak crow, previous to that it was loud and very clear, smiling.

Yesterday I was watching him and he was crowing, but no sound was coming out. He didn't seem to notice this, he just kept crowing and crowing and crowing.

What's with that? Do chickens get laryngitis? I hear rooster calls this morning, but I don't think he is in the herd of sounds....

He is NOT sick, not by any stretch of that imagination, just a hoarser than hoarse voice. Wondering if this is something that I need to keep a really close eye (or should I say hear) on? An illness in the making? I have no clue. Would like to hear comments if anyone else has experienced a decline in the clear voice of a rooster. Have a wonderful and awesome day, CynthiaM.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum